Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching early from Premium individual to joining a Family account

Switching early from Premium individual to joining a Family account

I have a Premium individual account and my monthly fee just got charged yesterday. I want to join my brother's Family plan. What happens if I accept the invite now - do I lose the money I just paid and end up paying for both for the month? If so, is it possible for him to send me the invite later and have me join later, even if he is setting the plan up now?

1 Reply

Hi @Missruckus,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

When you join a Premium Family plan, any remaining individual Premium time that you have is forfeited. You won’t be charged for your account any further, and instead all subsequent payments on your account will be made by the Premium Family plan’s manager (the person who started the plan).

Yes, your brother can still send you an invite to his Premium Family plan later, by following the steps in this support article; so you can feel free to wait until a few days before your next billing date, and enjoy your remaining individual Premium time before being invited to the Premium Family plan.

Bear in mind that to join a Premium Family plan, you need to reside at the same address as the plan manager. Also, note that if your individual Premium subscription is currently handled by a partner company (such as your phone or internet provider), you’ll first need to cancel with them and wait for your current Premium to end before being able to join a Premium Family plan.

You can also read more about the Premium Family plan in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts