Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Temporarily remove account from Duo

Temporarily remove account from Duo

Hello

If I were to temporarily remove a family member’s account from our duo membership, for say two weeks, could I then re-add them at a later date? It says you can only switch duo membership once in 12 months so I am not wanting to risk it unecessarily.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Yes, if you remove the other member from your Premium Duo plan, and then invite them back to your plan later, they will be able to rejoin.

It is indeed the case that Spotify users can only switch Premium Duo plans once a year; however, this doesn’t apply to the scenario in which a Spotify user leaves a Premium Duo plan and then re-joins the same one.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can I add a different person if I remove one ?

Hi @Dawcol,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Yes, if you remove the other member from your Premium Duo plan, you’ll then be able to invite a different member to the plan.

You can follow the steps in this support article to remove the current member and then add a new member to your Premium Duo plan.

Bear in mind that to accept the invite, the new member must reside at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between different Premium Duo (or Premium Family) plans once a year.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts