Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Terrible Spotify Support for free Google Mini

Terrible Spotify Support for free Google Mini

I have been trying to get the Mini since 11/20, and now I am getting an email from Spotify saying, too bad we can't help? Look at the timeline below, this is terrible customer service!

Timeline:

11/20 signed up for Spotify family (wife was already Spotify member, so we switched to family)

11/21 1st link sent

wanted particular color, so waited til it was in stock

12/07 ordered Google Mini, credit card was precharged but no charge was made

12/13 got a email from Google stating delivery date changed to 12/17-12/19

12/14 got email from Google stating Mini shipped

12/16 Credit card charged $51.45, Contacted Spotify and told to contact Google. Google says all they can do is refund the charge.

12/20 Contacted Spotify to say have not gotten free Mini, response from Spotify is they will get back to me

12/22 Got email from Google responding to chat

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting Google!

We've processed your request. You should receive an email soon with detailed instructions and delivery labels.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

12/22 Sent email to Spotify:

I called Google and they said the only thing they can do is return it and I would have to get another link from spotify for the free Mini. I tried the original link and it says it is not valid.

12/22 Spotify response:

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been charged full price for your Google Home Mini order.

You should be eligible for a refund with Google, which you can get by following the steps in the following link: https://support.google.com/store/answer/2411741?hl=en-GB

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do.

Cheers,

Precious

12/22 Got RMA from Google to send back original Mini to get refund

12/28 Contacted Spotify again regarding issue, Spotify response is they will get back to me.

12/29 Contacted Spotify again regarding issue, Spotify response:

Hello,

Thanks for your email.

We’re sorry to hear you were charged the full price.

We’re going to investigate this with Google to get to the bottom of it. Could you please send us the Order ID for your most recent order with Google?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Michael

12/29 Email I sent Spotify:

<removed sensitive info>, Google said there was an issue with the code, doing research on the issue it looks like spotify sent the same redemptiokn code out to everyone and it is a known problem?

12/31 Email from Spotify:

Hey,

Apologies for the delay, we appreciate your patience while we’ve looked into this.

Good news, we have a new link for you to redeem your Google Home Mini device:

https://store.google.com/config/<removed sensitive info>?utm_source=external&utm_medium=email_crm&utm_campaign=<removed sensitive info>&utm_term=B&promoCode=<removed sensitive info>

Give us a shout if you have any further trouble.

Happy listening!

Danielle

1/2 Contacted Spotify again regarding issue, Spotify response:

Hi there,

Thanks for recently contacting Spotify customer service! We would love to hear your feedback about how we did in helping you with your question or issue. Please click here to take a few moments to complete our quick survey.

Have a great day!

Spotify Customer Support

1/8 Email I sent spotify:

Is there anyone there, I have been trying to contact Spotify repeatedly to get the free Google Mini, the first time the link didn't work, the link above gets me to the page, but I cannot check out.

Very frustrating

1/8 Email from Google saying refund issued for first charged MIni:

Your refund is being processed and will be available within 14 business days.

1/9 Email from Spotify:

Hello again,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

You should be able to order your Google Home mini. All you need to do is:

1. Delete the old order.
  2. Clear cache and try again (It would also be best to use an incognito mode.  Most browsers will open a private session if you press Ctrl+Shift+N (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+N (Mac). If that doesn’t work, you should find the option to open a new private/incognito window in your browser’s menu bar.)

Let us know if you're still having issues.

All the best,

Danielle

1/9 Email from me:

starting from when you sent me the last code:

I clicked the link, and everything seemed to work, but it wouldn't let me add anything else to the cart.

I tried again and did it incognito mode and it seemed to work, but when I hit "Confirm purchase" it gave me an error and I got the following email from Google:

Hello Michael P Chen,

We had to cancel your order because we were unable to validate some of your information.

If you have any questions, you can Contact us for help.

Google says I have to be signed in to claim, but if I am signed in if I try to add to cart, I get this:

Unfortunately, we couldn't add that to your cart. There are limits on how many you can buy.

If I try with another Google account it does not apply a discount.

1/9 Another email from me:

Google says the order is canceled and I need to try again with a new link, can you send me another link, and this time I will open the link incognito mode and place the order using a non guest checkout, if that doesn't work, I don't know what else to try.

1/9 Refund for original charged Mini received

1/9 Email from Google:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting Google Support!

This email is in continuation to the conversation we had over the chat regarding the order that was cancelled.

I've checked my resources and I see that one of our representatives is already working on your case and once they get an update from the expert team they'll get back to you with the best possible resolution.

Please be assured, they'll get in touch with you shortly with the best.

If you still face any further issues, please feel free to contact us and we'd be more than happy to help you!

Thanks!

Sandra

1/11 Email from me:

Hello?

1/11 Email from Spotify

Hello again,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We apologize if you're still having issues with your Google Home mini order.

Don't worry! We're already investigating your issue and we'll be back to you as soon as possible.

All the best,

Mark

1/13 Contacted Spotify again regarding issue, Spotify response:

Hi there,

Thanks for recently contacting Spotify customer service! We would love to hear your feedback about how we did in helping you with your question or issue. Please click here to take a few moments to complete our quick survey.

Have a great day!

Spotify Customer Support

1/15 Email from me:

Any update? I can forward the cancellation from Google if that would help. Can I get another link that I could try logged into my Google account?

Or send a link for my wife's Google account?

1/16 Email from Spotify:

Hi there,

We appreciate your patience while we've been looking into this.

We're sorry the new code link didn't work either. We've checked, and the reason the order couldn't pushed through was due to incorrect information provided during the checkout process (such as your shipping address or payment details). Therefore, we're afraid we're unable to assist you with redeeming a Google Home Mini device any further.

If you would like any help with the Spotify app or your Premium for Family subscription, please let us know.

Thanks,

Mark

1/16 Email from me:

Why can't you send me another link? The first link sent didn't work, and from looking on the internet it was because Spotify sent out the same promo code for all link incorrectly. At no point was I told to cle Sr my cache to redeem. At no point was I told I could not check out as guest. I have been going back and forth with Spotify and Google trying to get thus sorted out for over a month!

1/16 Email I sent to Google:

Is there any progress on this?

It seems like since Google cancelled the order, you should be able to uncancel it and provide the Mini have been trying to get for months now.

I got this from Spotify:

We appreciate your patience while we've been looking into this.

We're sorry the new code link didn't work either. We've checked, and the reason the order couldn't pushed through was due to incorrect information provided during the checkout process (such as your shipping address or payment details). Therefore, we're afraid we're unable to assist you with redeeming a Google Home Mini device any further.

1 Reply

Wow!  I don't know if this makes me feel better or worse!  Actually it makes me feel a little better to know others had the same frustration I had.

Mine was an abbreviated version of what you went through starting with the original order being "cancelled" by google for some unknown reason (probably information that didn't exactly match).  The process was not set up to be robust at all so i suspect that even an extra space or something bounced it.

Contacted Spotify immediatly (no live person other than chat obviously) and they said they were working on it.  Several follow up chats all indicated that things were progressing and just wait for an email with a new code/link. 

Final chat took place today when i was informed it was too late and nothing could be done.  I said "well iv'e been conisdering Apple music" to which the agent replied that he could go ahead and cancel my Spotify account for me.  Nice!

When the agent said they could no longer issue a new code, i said he could just give me a $49 credit to compensate for the lost value.  He said he could only refund one month's charge and that would kick us all off of Premium.

Worst customer service experience in recent memory.  I would suggest anyone owning Spotify stock sell it because companies that behave in this way don't last long.

Suggested posts