Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The wrong address was submitted

The wrong address was submitted

Hello,

So I was just about to join our family Spotify account on my new address, but I accidentally wrote the wrong address, because of the autofulfil function there is in Google Chrome. I did not notice, because, at the time, it was only a few weeks before I moved there. Then I, of course, got removed from the family account, and I realized it was because of the wrong address. 

Is there anything I can do now?

4 Replies

Hey @Mortenbnn, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try asking the owner of the plan to send you another invite? If that doesn't help, please send me a screenshot of an error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you @billy-J

Hope you are doing great as well! 

I just got a new invitation to the family plan for the owner, but the same error message appears. You can see the image here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbfh27zv0sxniix/Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%202019-05-21%2007.54.14.png?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

I have the same error message which is not actionnable at all... your dev team should improve that and provide a more accurate explanation... then you should let the user see which kind of home address he provided ! It's common sense, isn't it ? 

Hey @Mortenbnn.

Thanks for the screenshot! Could you try asking the owner to send one more using a different email address? Also, please make sure that you haven't switched from a Premium for Family plan before in the last 12 months.

Hey @Nhenin.

I understand your concern, and I'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks. In the meantime, please try following the steps I provided in my last reply and the one above this reply.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts