Transfer Acc from UK to India

Solved!

Transfer Acc from UK to India

Plan: Family Plan UK

Free/Premium: Premium

Device: Samsung S20 / Ipad / Laptop

Operating System:  Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

Hi, I've been part of a Spotify Premium UK account for several years (on a family plan with 4 other family members). I am moving to India for a year now and note the Premium subscription is much cheaper in India.

I'd like to therefore view if it’s feasible to close my UK account and open a new Duo Premium account in India for 2 people or something along those lines.

Two Questions:

• Is there a way to transfer all my playlists, saved tracks, profile, likes etc?
  • Does Spotify India have the same access to music / artists as the UK version does?

Thanks

Top Answer
Maxim
Spotify Star

Hey @bay20 ,

Thanks for getting back.

I'm aware that Spotify sets the pricing different in each market 🙂 To benefit from the cheaper pricing in India, you'll need to change your country setting. In my initial post, I've linked a support article on how to do that.

Since you're only updating your account's country setting, you won't lose any of your saved music, playlists, etc., as you'll still be using the same account as before.

I believe that there's lots of content available in India, but I don't have any more info about this. You can use this page to check if a certain album is available there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bay20 ,

Welcome to the Community!

There's no need to close an account when moving to a different country. All you have to do is updating your account's country setting. Instructions on how to do that can be found here. 🙂

RE: Available Content

Spotify doesn’t have all the world’s music and podcasts, and what they do have varies over time and between countries. It all depends on permissions from rights holders.

Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something after changing your country setting, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bay20 ,

Welcome to the Community!

There's no need to close an account when moving to a different country. All you have to do is updating your account's country setting. Instructions on how to do that can be found here. 🙂

RE: Available Content

Spotify doesn’t have all the world’s music and podcasts, and what they do have varies over time and between countries. It all depends on permissions from rights holders.

Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something after changing your country setting, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi

I am aware I can use my premium account worldwide, the point is the Spotify
premium India subscription is much cheaper than Spotify UK.

My questions were (1) if I can transfer my profile /plsylists, likes etc
and (2) if Spotify India has a good selection of international music.

Hey @bay20 ,

Thanks for getting back.

I'm aware that Spotify sets the pricing different in each market 🙂 To benefit from the cheaper pricing in India, you'll need to change your country setting. In my initial post, I've linked a support article on how to do that.

Since you're only updating your account's country setting, you won't lose any of your saved music, playlists, etc., as you'll still be using the same account as before.

I believe that there's lots of content available in India, but I don't have any more info about this. You can use this page to check if a certain album is available there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts