Unable to add family members, address supposedly wrong

Solved!

Unable to add family members, address supposedly wrong

Plan

Premium Familiar

Country

Colombia

My Question or Issue

Hi. For over a year I am paying the full price for the family plan. But I am unable to add family members. Sending the invitation link, logging in in their account, accepting the invitation for them and choosing the address. System says the address is wrong, even if it is exactly the same address as configured in my account. On the same network; **bleep**, even on the same computer (other browser).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I fixed the problem myself. I used a VPN to change the country of my family members to The Netherlands. Now the system doesn't complaint about the Colombian address.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @mr1009,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sometimes, addresses are not listed in Google Maps, so the Spotify system might not see them as valid addresses.

In this case, try adding the address of a nearby building. Not someone else's home address, but the address of your street or a nearby shop.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am literally copying the address from my account (opened in Firefox) into my daughters account (opened in Chrome). It is exactly the same. Not my precise home address, because it indeed isn't listed.

Hey @mr1009,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try using an incognito browser window, as sometimes cache can cause issues.

Furthermore we don't recommend using two browsers at the same time, since you need to be logged in the website on only one profile for this to work. It'd be best if you send the invitation link via e-mail or chat to your daughter's phone or computer, where she needs to be logged in with her personal account on the app and website.

If you're using a VPN you need to switch that off. Also make sure that the countries on your accounts are the same.

If none of that helps, upload a screenshot of the errors you're seeing.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I don't see how using two completely different browsers would be any better than a private tab.

The countries on the accounts aren't the same. Mine is Dutch, and I moved to Colombia. I cannot change mine to Colombia (country field is disabled), and I cannot change my daughter's (or and my wife's) to The Netherlands (country field is only showing one option: Colombia).

I now see in the response in the devtools network tab error code "COUNTRY_MISMATCH" with detail "SubMember country different from master". The error in the UI, that I didn't fill in the right address, wasn't very helpfull.

Hi @mr1009

Thanks for your reply. 

Keep in mind that all the accounts need to be in the same country for them to be able to join your plan. 

Currently, the only way to update your country details is by updating your payment method to one that has been issued in the country where you're currently located. Here you'll find the steps to do so.

Once you've done this, your country details should update on your next billing date and you can send an invite to your family members. 

Hope this helps. The Community will be here if you have any other questions 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Responding on your message, resulted in an error (37FF74E2). Now I need to type this message again...

Although payment methods do appear for a number of countries (f.e. The Netherlands), no payments methods appear for most countries. Not even for the USA, or for my country of residence: Colombia. So I cannot change the payment method.

Already tried another browser, incognito modus, etc. No errors in the devtools, or indications in the XHR-response.

Changing the payment method doesn't really suite me, because I'm still citizen of The Netherlands, even if I reside in Colombia. I would prefer to change the country of my family members to The Netherlands, but how?

BTW  The price shown for the not-appearing Colombian payment methods ($ 23.900) is way lower than what I pay (€14,99). That would be nice.

Marked as solution

I fixed the problem myself. I used a VPN to change the country of my family members to The Netherlands. Now the system doesn't complaint about the Colombian address.

Suggested posts