NEXT STEP

Upgrading from Premium Individual to Family didn't work

Upgrading from Premium Individual to Family didn't work

Plan

Premium Individual

Country

India

My Question or Issue

I've been a Premium Individual user for a few years now. I'm on the premium individual annual plan and it renews in September 2022. A week ago, I upgraded to Premium Family so that my parents and sibling can use it. Payment went through fine and it loaded the 3 step process page for premium family. When I clicked on add address (step 2), the page just showed a loading animation and didn't load anything.

Even after a week, my account still says that I'm on premium individual. I don't mind losing the two months that's left on my individual plan, but when I UPGRADE to a family plan, I expect to switch to it immediately and things to just work. And I can't even get support from someone who works at Spotify directly. Instead I've to post here and hope someone replies?

<snip - Moderator edit>

Account-overview-Spotify.png
3 Replies

Hey @ilangorajagopal ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Can you go on this page, and from there, head to 'Available Plans' and try switching to Premium Family there?

The current Premium time will then get converted into Family time and that will bring your next billing date forward due to the price difference. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same problem 

Hey @kunwarakashshankar90,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

If you already have a Premium account, and you have made a one-time payment for Premium Family, you'll have to wait until the month of your previous plan expires for the system to activate the new Premium Family.

When you make a one-time payment (the one that does not renew automatically), the system accumulates the time you have left of a previous plan with the new one-time payment. This is the reason why you'll have to wait until your next billing date to see the changes.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts