Step 1

NEXT STEP

We've moved country

We've moved country

Plan

Family

Country UK/France

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I signed up in the UK a few years back and now I've moved to France (I signed up via google login). I live with my kids and they want their own account. So I've upgraded to family account. When I try to invite my kids it keeps telling me they don't live in the same address even though it's the identical name and address.

I've tried using a VPN to get back to the UK but nothing seems to work, I've tried changing my address back to my UK address and then adding that address for my kids, and that doesn't work.

I don't really need this headache, can anyone help with this stupid verification. Much appreciated.

4 Replies

I thought it might help if I showed my address.. (this is the address of my UK house) but right now I'm in French house with my kids.

Do I have to change my google account to be french, do I use a VPN on my kids ipads and set them to UK? Nothing seems to work.

edit-profile.png
invite-family-members.png

Hey @Ourtron,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Your country is determined by the payment method you're using, so if you're using a payment method issued in the UK, your account's country will be set to UK and you won't be able to invite your children if their accounts are registered in France.

If you'd like to change the country on your account, you'll need to enter a payment method that's matching your new country (in your case France). Here you can find more on how to update your payment details. 

Once you update them, you can do is to go ahead and update the Address on the Owner account and try sending an invitation link again because we have the requirement that all members of the Family plan need to live at the same address as the plan’s owner.

Take a look here for more info about Address verification .

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the help but that didn't work. I've updated my card information to my french bank card and I've updated my location to be 'FRANCE' in the payment page. But it keeps changing back to the UK when I look back at it.

Also in my main account page, it's still saying United Kingdom. I still can't change this as it's greyed out.

I thought it was going to be easy. Thanks in advance...

back to france.png
grey-out.png

Hi @Ourtron!

No worries, the changes will take effect on your next billing date and your country will automatically switch to France when your next payment is made.

The Community is always here if something else comes up in the meantime.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts