Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are strangers appearing in my family account?

Why are strangers appearing in my family account?

I logged into my family account and noticed two slots taken by strangers. My account does not look compromised. Is this a known issue?

4 Replies

Hey @TingTong,

I'd recommend taking a look at this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had the same thing happen to me..2 strangers. I got notified that 1 had joined but when I went in to take a look there was another one. What’s going on Spotify?

Hey there @ColetteLynch33,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

If you can see some unexpected changes on your Spotify account, we'd suggest you check out the steps mentioned by @Maxim.

It's also a good idea to give these steps a go to make sure your account is secured. You can also go here and remove members from the subscription.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Open a web browser

go to the apps section and "Remove Access" to anything that has the word "Developer" in is name.

This will keep people from accessing your account but you will have to periodically check to see if "Developer" access has been added back. I do not know if hackers are able to do this or if Spotify keep adding it back. 

Suggested posts