Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does one family member still get ads?

Why does one family member still get ads?

There are 4 people on our Family Plan, three get Premium but one still gets ads etc.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

9 Replies

Hi @becjane,

Can you please confirm if this user is logging into their correct account? Ask them to go to this page and tell us their subscription status.

It's possible that they are in the Family Plan but they're using a second account that is Free, that's why maybe they're not seeing the Premium features.

I recommend leading them to this article and make sure they follow all the steps there.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

I have the same problem. I'm connected to the right account and my account's plan setting is premium family. I'm the one who gets the ads... I'm very unhappy about it. It needs to stop. Please help.

Hi @ChettBG!

Do you hear ads when listening to music? If yes, then most likely you're logged in to a Free account as Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers. You just have to log out from it and log in to the Premium one instead.

In case you hear ads when listening to podcasts, note that some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages, which are handled by the podcasters themselves.

Hope this clears things up. Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This sounds like a problem that is popping up for more people than just me. My child's account has just started playing ads this evening. He is using the same device and is logged into the same account he was last night when there was no problem. I even tried the old standby IT fix of "turning it off and on". I even took it step further and logged out and in. Just to be sure he is logged in with the right credentials. 

Hey @Spoils2Victor,

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

In this case, we recommend that you confirm if the credentials are related to the Premium account by logging in here too. This is in order to discard logging in with a different account. 

After confirming that, let us know if the ads are still showing up on the account and tell us if this happens even when logging in with another device. 

Keep us in the loop.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Andres, 

Yes, there are still ads showing up. We have confirmed that they account the user is logging into is the same account listed on the family plan. They are still showing up as "Free" and getting ads. We have tried a number of solutions and at this point we are likely to cancel our family plan. 

Hey @Spoils2Victor,

Thanks for the reply.

If the Family member has made sure, that he's logged in on the right account, but is still getting ads, we advise him to contact our customer support team for further investigation. More on that is on this page.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am having this same issue, my three family members hear commercials and we can't seem to get this figured out.

Hi @apennock!

Note that while Spotify doesn't play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium users, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages, which are handled by the podcasters themselves. Could you confirm if you hear ads during podcasts or when listening to music?

If you hear ads while listening to music, make sure to log in and check the subscription status on your account page - it should say Premium. If it doesn't, then your Premium account was probably registered to another email address.

It's worth trying to locate it by using all possible email/password combinations that could have been used during the signup process. The account could have also been created through Facebook, Google or Apple, so be sure to check out those alternatives as well. You can find out more information in this article.

If you're unable to locate it on your own, it's best to reach out to Customer Support as they're the ones who can help out further.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts