Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why won't the link work to for family member to join Premium Family?

Why won't the link work to for family member to join Premium Family?

I have sent the link to my son several times via email and text, but when he clicks on the link he gets an error message and is unable to complete the address verification.
15 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please let me know the exact error message that he's seeing when he tries to join your Premium Family plan.

Looking forward to your reply. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Please try again later is the error message he receives when he clicks on the link.  He already has a Premium account.

Hi @EMcCorkle310,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if your son is currently part of another Family plan and if he's switched plans in the last year? If not, he should try to open the link on another device or using a incognito browser window, to avoid issues caused by cache and cookies.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same issue! I have tried sending several links over a few days. And also tried to change adress once ans sending a new invite.

hey there @ItsFingBroken,

Thanks for the post.

Can you give us a bit more details about the situation, so we can offer better advice? It would be great if you can add a screenshot of the error message you're receiving and let us know exactly when you get it.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

This link https://www.spotify.com/se/family/join/invite/801y25XX3xX2ZXz/
resulted in the attached screenshot.

Hey @ItsFingBroken,

There seems to be no attached screenshot to the last post.
Would you mind attaching it again?
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator

i! new here, I recently subscribe to a family premium and want to share it with my husband. The address was not accepted even if we select the same and correct address when he tried to log in using his account. Also, i registered in spotify philippines while his account is registered in spotify sweden, Just thinking if it is the main problem why he cant join my family premium subscription. thank you!

Hey @JoanaMarie14,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Take into account that one of the requirements to be able to join a Family plan is to live with the plan manager (the person who signed up). This means the countries on both accounts have to match. This is the reason why your husband can’t join.

Your husband can change his account country setting with the steps in this article.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

CarlosEModerator

[Moderator edit]

Hi there @ItsFingBroken,

Thank you for your screenshot. We removed it since it was personal information in it.

Can you confirm that both of you have the same country set to our accounts? You can check that on your account page. If you do, can you try from an incognito/private window to see if the issue persists?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am also having an issue of a 404 error message appearing every time I’m sending a family plan link to my boyfriend. I’ve tried sending my email and iMessage and neither of them are working. It’s very frustrating when you pay more for a family subscription. Could someone help me with this please. 

Hi there @Ameliagates 

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear you're getting such error messages.

Can you let us know if this error comes up when you try to send or copy the Invitation code from your device or when your family member tries to open the link on their device?

You can also include a screenshot and info about what device this is happening on (model + OS version).

In most cases, such error messages could be caused by browser cache and cookies, so it's a good idea to try using an incognito browser window or another device.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Bonjour, 

Je viens de créer un compte famille et les membres de ma famille n'arrivent pas à rejoindre car cela nous dit que nous ne sommes pas dans le même pays.

En parcourant mon profil je m'aperçois que mon compte est localisé à "Monaco" alors que je n'y ai jamais mis les pieds (nous sommes en région parisienne). Et du coup, les membres de ma famille sont bien localisés en "France". Est-ce notre problème ? 

Nous sommes connectés au même ordinateur (à tour de rôle) et utilisons une fenêtre de navigation privée. J'ai aussi essayé de changer le pays en suivant les instructions mais cela ne fonctionne pas.

Pouvez-vous nous aider svp ? 

Merci 

Hey @Ctrs,

Thanks for posting in the Community. We hope you don't mind us replying in English.

Could you make sure you're using a payment method from France to activate the Family subscription? You'll also need to cancel the subscription, wait for it to expire and then manually set the country to France. Then activate a new Family subscription and invite the members.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts