Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

accepting premium invite. error "this page no longer exists" shows

Solved!

accepting premium invite. error "this page no longer exists" shows

Hi

I can't accept my Family Premium membership. When I open the link I get the error "This page no longer exists"
I was part of my parent's family plan but moved out. The plan was stopped about a week ago. My partner began a new plan and now I can't join.
The error doesn't give any clarification about what might be going wrong. I am logged in when opening the email.
Top Answer
nuggetman
Visitor

i can confirm that changing the address from the account of the family plans owner and then resending a link to the person in need fixed it for me although it was after a long tedious process, if that is still not working then I am out of options took me hours to fix mine.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thank you for you replies in this thread.

If you've checked your country settings and if the country set on each account matches the one on the plan manager's account, we'd suggest that you ask the owner of the plan to send the invitation link again. However, this time, make sure that you are accepting it on a different device. Don't forget to compare the address to the one that the plan owner entered.

Tip: We usually advise using an incognito window when accepting the invite as it doesn't keep that info saved.

Here you can find more information about address verification for Family Plan as well.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

45 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please make sure that your account's country setting matches with the one of your partner who owns the Premium Family plan? This can be checked at https://spotify.com/account. 🙂

Looking forward to your response.

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I get the same results. This is the message and link that is generated when trying to add someone to the family plan: 

You're invited to join my Spotify Premium Family plan. You can join with your current Spotify account or create a new one.
https://www.spotify.com/us/family/join/invite/

I hace The same problem!!! I can't accept my Family Premium membership. When I open the link I get the error "This page no longer exists"
The error doesn't give any clarification about what might be going wrong. I am logged in when opening the email.

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thank you for you replies in this thread.

If you've checked your country settings and if the country set on each account matches the one on the plan manager's account, we'd suggest that you ask the owner of the plan to send the invitation link again. However, this time, make sure that you are accepting it on a different device. Don't forget to compare the address to the one that the plan owner entered.

Tip: We usually advise using an incognito window when accepting the invite as it doesn't keep that info saved.

Here you can find more information about address verification for Family Plan as well.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator

The link pulls up a 404 and heartbreaks page. I've updated the app and cleared my cache to see if this resolved the issue, but it did not.

Hi there @aaArmstrong,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you clarify if you're trying to open a link that has been sent to your or you're the Premium Family manager and trying to send a link to a family member?

It's possible the there has been a server outage. It's best to wait a couple of hours and try open the link again in an incognito browser window, to avoid issues caused by cache and cookies.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there!

I was a family member trying to join the family plan through a link from the manager. The issue was that the link was not complete (https://www.spotify.com/us/family/join/invite/). There's supposed to be a string of characters after "invite/". The manager had to update our home address. After she did, the link was longer and I was able to join! Worked like a charm.

Hi there @aaArmstrong,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that everything worked out fine after the manage updated the Family plan address.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My Question or Issue

I am trying to re-invite my daughter to our premium family plan (long story, but she just needs a new account with her proper email address). I was able to get her old account removed and have space to add her, but when I send the invite, the page is broken. Here is the link that gets sent:

https://www.spotify.com/us/family/join/invite/

She simply cannot live much longer without Spotify (I’m kidding, of course). Does anyone have a working link?

Yo tengo el mismo problema, no me deja agregar mas gente al plan faniliar y tengo 2 lugares libres 

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts. We've merged them with a similar one on the topic.

@aitocamnasio We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the forum.

Could you please confirm that you've tried the steps from the post above? If you haven't already, try with a different browser as well, if available.

It's worth noting that each invite link should contain a unique alphanumeric string after /family/join/invite/ in the URL, so would you mind checking if the one from the invite has it?

If it doesn't and you're the family owner, you can copy the invite link directly from your Family page and share it via another platform (if you've previously did that via email, you can try sending a direct message in WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.) to see if that does the trick.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

LyubkaModerator

When we follow the invite link (family premium) on annoter device, we got an error 404 and are unable to get the invitation working.

I have been getting this too, and I can't find anything online to sort it out. Paying for family premium but not getting it (for some time!) tempted to cancel the entire thing. 

Having the same issue! What are we paying for if we can't include our family members

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do the members you want to invite have a different running subscription, e.g. a Duo one or are members of a different Family subscription?

Also try using a different device and a different network for accepting the invitations.

Let us know how that went.

Cheers!

DianModerator

This does not fix the situation. I’ve tried multiple browsers, through the app as well and still get the 404 error. 

The user just has a Spotify Free account. 

The same for me. The link is broken on any browser. I cannot add anyone to my family account. 

Same problem for me! Using the app or desktop makes no difference

It’s not a solution.

Url is still error 404

Suggested posts