Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

adding an old phone to the premium spotify

Solved!

adding an old phone to the premium spotify

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I had a normal spotify account that I used on my phone. I have passed that phone to my son and have now updated to family premium also adding my daughter's phones. I can use it on my new phone, as can my daughters, but when I try to add to my son's phone (my old phone) it says can't join my own plan. It seems to think this is my phone still so won't allow me to add him. I have tried logging out etc and even deleting and re-installing the app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Fixitnow!

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!

It sounds like you've logged out from the app on the phone, but you'll also need to log out from our website.

To accept his invitation to the Family plan, your son needs to be logged in on his own account page on the device.

If you have trouble with that, he could also try accepting the invitation in an incognito window on desktop where he'll be prompted to log in when he clicks on the invitation link.

Let us know if this info helps and give us a shout if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Fixitnow!

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!

It sounds like you've logged out from the app on the phone, but you'll also need to log out from our website.

To accept his invitation to the Family plan, your son needs to be logged in on his own account page on the device.

If you have trouble with that, he could also try accepting the invitation in an incognito window on desktop where he'll be prompted to log in when he clicks on the invitation link.

Let us know if this info helps and give us a shout if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator

Thank you 

I had to log out of the internet spotify account on his phone then add him to premium creating his own new account

Great to hear that you were able to sort this out @Fixitnow!

We can confirm that everyone that would like to be a part of the Family plan needs to have their own account that they can link to the subscription.

This allows all users to listen to music without interruptions and build their own collections of songs.

We'll be here if you have any other questions 🙂

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts