NEXT STEP

address verification is incorrect

address verification is incorrect

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

My Question or Issue

Address verification at first shows Street address.  When select verify, this changes to Ave.  That is not my legal address and is not correct.  Please fix or allow me to manually type in my address if you require it.  I cannot accept the wrong address as that is lying and would violate the agreement.

5 Replies

Hey @kenneth_a_lee,

Thanks for reaching out.

There's a few thing you can try if you can't enter the correct address. We recommend to first try it via an incognito window. Sometimes data stored in your browser can cause such issues and this is an easy way to avoid it.

If that doesn't do the trick - give it a go on another device and best on a different network. This would let you bypass any issues related to to your initial setup.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a similar problem. i switched my account to Family Premium so that i could combine my account and my son's account (instead of paying for two separate Premium accounts). i invited him to join the Family account but when he clicked the link and put in our address it said he couldn't join because he was in a different country. this is patently absurd as he is sitting right next to me and we are clearly in the same house in the same country.

also, when i set up the Family account and put in our physical address it wouldn't let me put in the correct (legal) postcode. the auto fill function kept defaulting to a very similar postcode but not quite the right one. since everything else was correct i decided just to go with it and trust that the system knew what it was doing.

so, my question is 1) how do i manually edit my address and 2) why does it say my son and i are in different countries?

thanks

Hey @marlowealias,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The country settings of both your and your son's account should be set to match. Here is how to do this.

On the other hand, you don't need to manually input the postal code, as the one proposed by Google Maps should also do.

We use Google Maps address search to help the plan manager find their address. Then, we ask the members invited to confirm they live at the same location. If the postal code provided by Google Maps is not the right one, you can contact Google to have the address in Google Maps updated.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

In my case the postal code is the same, and is adding extra name in the address which is invalid and then an error that the addresses do not match. For example, the correct address is "ABC Miami 1234, USA" . I type exactly the same and when I click find address it shows "ABC Miami beach 1234, USA" and then that addresses do not match. Very stupid really

Hey @Lampispampis,

Thanks for reaching out.

If the system changes the address to a different one, you can ask the plan owner to update it and input the street number only or the address of a close public space or building instead.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts