change contry dosn't work

change contry dosn't work

Plan

Premium/ Family

Country

Luxembourg / Germany

My Question or Issue

hello community,

my girlfriend moved from germany to luxembourg last year to live with me here in luxembourg. She has premium in germany and I have premium in luxembourg. Now I have bought family premium for her, my children and me. I invited her to my Premium Family Acount, but the invitation to the Premium Family didn't work because her account is registered in Germany. So I read the FAQs and wanted to switch her premium account first to luxembourg and then invite her again. As discribed in the FAQ I tried to do that by changing the payment method to a Luxembourg Visa card in her account. However, this does not work as described in the FAQs. When I have entered the new payment method, Spotify replies that the payment method does not match the country in the profile and that I should either choose a different payment method or change the country in the profile. If I then change the country, Spotify replies:

Change payment information

9.99 EUR per month. Updating your payment details or your payment method will not activate or renew your subscription and it will not receive an upgrade

but nothing else happend or changes in her profile.

All this has been done from the same network here in my house in Luxembourg from my win10 pc, her Samsung Galaxy S10 (Android 11) and my Iphone 7 (IOS 14.3)

Thank you for Your help

Nico

5 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we recommend that she ends her subscription, and when the account has reverted to the free version we suggest that you try to re-invite her to the Premium Family plan.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank You for Your help.
We‘ll try that and reply.

Cheers
Nico

Hey @user-removed,

You're welcome!

She can find the steps to cancel her subscription in this article.

In case you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a lovely weekend 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, using this message to expose my similar problem to you...

We created our Family Premium account in Germany and we are now back to France and there is NO WAY to change the country (no list appearing or when we update payment, there is a country change option, we go there select the country and ... nothing happens. We are stuck on the country selection page. 

This drives us nuts to be honest. Impossible for the kids to have their own account (its time for it now..)

Please help

Bruno

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

Capture d’écran 2021-05-16 à 14.12.03.png
Capture d’écran 2021-05-16 à 14.12.24.png

Hey @BrunoS1mon,

Thanks for posting here and welcome to the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to try with another browser to see if anything changes. We'd suggest you also clear the cache and cookies.

In case nothing changes, we'd recommend that you also try with another network.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts