Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

family plan different countries for months

Solved!

family plan different countries for months

I live with my sister in Colombia, but for work, I have to be in India for 9 months, can I still use the family account?

Plan

Family

Country

Colombia

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @SIDI3128,

Glad to have you on the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

All members of a Premium Family plan must reside at the same physical address. Unfortunately, if you are currently travelling abroad and want to start a Premium Family plan to invite your family members, it won't be possible.

However, you can start your own plan as soon as you return home and invite your family members to join it. Alternatively, if your family starts a plan before your return, you can join it as soon as you return home. 

For full info on Premium Family you can visit our support pages here.

In the meantime, we'd recommend checking out the different plans we offer, which suit various living situations.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @DanielVilla94

Yes, you can use Family Subscription account while in a different country. As long as you permanently reside with your sister, you can use Spotify while traveling.

If you need more info for Family, you can check the official FAQ thread.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Happy listening 🙂

Weird. I was told a couple of years back that the family plan only worked while members were under the same roof - so my daughter wouldn't be able to use a family plan account when she's away at school in the US instead of back home in Canada. That was why I cancelled the Premium Family Plan and stuck with Google.  Google doesn't care.  But if I was given false information, that changes things. Especially since I'm not thrilled about the YouTube Music thing ...

Hmmm ... I wonder if it was because I was out of the country (travelling) when I tried signing up for the family plan. Sounds like others have run into that too.

I've using Spotify for years now and I am very disappointed about the service today. I am stuck abroad in Hong Kong. Today I reactivated the family account of our family house in France but I cannot join the family anymore since I'm abroad.

Please help !!! 

Marked as solution

Hey there @SIDI3128,

Glad to have you on the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

All members of a Premium Family plan must reside at the same physical address. Unfortunately, if you are currently travelling abroad and want to start a Premium Family plan to invite your family members, it won't be possible.

However, you can start your own plan as soon as you return home and invite your family members to join it. Alternatively, if your family starts a plan before your return, you can join it as soon as you return home. 

For full info on Premium Family you can visit our support pages here.

In the meantime, we'd recommend checking out the different plans we offer, which suit various living situations.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts