Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

family plan not for families?

family plan not for families?

Dear Spotify,

I enjoy your great music service for almost 2 years now. I think you guys are doing a very fine job and you have truly revolutionised my experience of music.

Half a year ago, I invited my sister, my parnter and my parents to your family plan. They now too, used Spotify via the family plan and were very pleased with your services. But approx. 2 weeks ago, you kicked my parents and my sister out, apparently because we all live at different addresses now. So now, I have two questions for you.

1. If I could verify, that we are truly one family by sending you national ID or something like that, would you allow us to use your family plan again?

2. If not, could you give me any good arguments why I shouldn't switch over to Google Play Music or Tidal for example, as they offer family plans for families that don't reside together at the same address, in contrast to your company? At the moment, I don't see any...Between 15 and 40 € per month for all of us, there is a big difference for some people.

So in conclusion, I'd love to hear a solution from you. We all really enjoyed your service during the last years. But if necessary, you will lose another 5 customers to your competition, which would be a pity, wouldn't it?

All the best,

bowsman

3 Replies

Hi Spotify,

I have the same question - who even thought that all families live under 1 roof? A family is a family. Besides - under what law do you have the right to check where people live?  This is unimaginable! I have not signed up for signed up for this! What if I go somewhere for vacation? Do I stop having a family or being a part of one?!?!?!? 

Please comment on the situation!

Dear Spotify,

could you please give an answer to our problem?

Hi Spotify,

unfortunately, you have not been able to reply neither to this post, nor to my message I sent to you through your contact form. I do not think customers should be treated like this and neither do I think this will reflect well upon you. Presumably, you do not have a good option for families as Tidal for example does, or you obviously would have answered to my questions. It's a pity, Spotify, but by the end of the month, my family and me will quit your services.

yours sincerely,

bowsman

Suggested posts