Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

family plan trial

Solved!

family plan trial

hey there, my family is considering to get a premium family account, but my sibling already has an existing premium account and has used up their trial period. i understand there will be a one-month trial for new premium accounts, but what about their trial if they join the family plan? will they be charged for that month while the rest of us are on the trial period? in that case, should we start the trial a month before their existing subscription ends and get them to join after our trial ends? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dylannnnntann, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This depends on who will be the plan's manager. The plan manager is the one who is responsible for all of the payments for Premium Family.

If you're going to be the plan manager, your new payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference between Individual and Family. 

For the members on the plan, all subsequent payments on your account are made by the plan’s manager. Any remaining Premium time you have is forfeited.

There is some more information for how the Premium Family works in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this clears things up - Let me know if you have further questions!  

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @dylannnnntann, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This depends on who will be the plan's manager. The plan manager is the one who is responsible for all of the payments for Premium Family.

If you're going to be the plan manager, your new payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference between Individual and Family. 

For the members on the plan, all subsequent payments on your account are made by the plan’s manager. Any remaining Premium time you have is forfeited.

There is some more information for how the Premium Family works in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this clears things up - Let me know if you have further questions!  

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts