Plan

Premium Family

Country italy

Device

(iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2013)

Operating System

(iOS)

My Question or Issue

I have a family premium account (3 people, me, my daughter and wife). 

Yesterday I was listening to my music but it was interrupted and this message appeared on my iPhone: "The music was stopped because it was listened in another place..." (or something like that)... that is strange 'cause I have a family premium account and everyone should have the chance to listen to music everywhere and alsways... 

Do you know how to solve this problem? 

thank you in advance, 

regards from this italy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @cabo71 ,

Great thinking!

If disconnecting all other accounts doesnt work, then I suggest trying to unistall spotify then reinstall it on your device. Or you could try logging in and out again, and restarting your phone. I'm sorry for the inconvience this may have caused. I hope these other trouble shooting solutions help to fix the problem.

Happy Listening!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello Cabo71,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

The message that appeared on your iPhone, Did it look like the attached image? If so, this means that one out of the three of your allocated offline devices for your premium account was streaming music at that point in time, meaning you cannot stream music at the same time. There may be a few reasons for this, either other family members may have been signed into your account by accident and therefore creating the confusion or one of your other premium account devices under your name was being used to play music, e.g. a laptop. To fix this on via your iphone, make sure all other devices signed in with your name are not attempting to play music online whilst you are trying to play music aswell.

I hope this has helped, if so, please remember to mark this as the solution to help other members of the spotify community locate this answer.

Or

For further information on this problem, you can visit the spotify website on this link about accounts being used somewhere else

iphone_listening_on.png

dear Zane_miko, 

first of all thanks for your kind reply. 

the message I received (also today) is the one in attach that says: 

"Spotify has been interrupted because your account is already used in another place"

I may try to disconnect all the other family users and re-invite them... just to try... 

thanks! 

ciao, d

FullSizeRender.jpg
Marked as solution

Hello @cabo71 ,

Great thinking!

If disconnecting all other accounts doesnt work, then I suggest trying to unistall spotify then reinstall it on your device. Or you could try logging in and out again, and restarting your phone. I'm sorry for the inconvience this may have caused. I hope these other trouble shooting solutions help to fix the problem.

Happy Listening!

Suggested posts