Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

setting up a premium family account that works at home when I'm not there.

setting up a premium family account that works at home when I'm not there.

If someone has it playing on the Google Nest device and my phone leaves it stops
3 Replies

Hi there @BuzzCurtiss,

Thanks for the post.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what your exact issue is. Can you clarify if the Google nest speaker won't work if you leave the house with your phone on you?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

We have a Google Home Hub device and the Spotify account linked to that device was my account.  If I was home and wanted to listen to Spotify on my phone and someone was using it on the Google Hub, then I was out of luck, or had to "steal" it.  I figured the solution for that would be to create a second account (from my Family plan) and align it directly to the device, which is what (I thought) I did.  The first time this was used, I left to go to the store, taking my phone with me.  When I returned, my wife told me that as soon as I left, spotify stopped working.  So, it turns out that I now have 2 accounts - both of which are aligned to my phone.  So, is there a way to set up an account that the Google home hub can use, but align it to a tablet or directly to that device instead of my phone?

Hey @BuzzCurtiss,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

The best solution in your case is indeed creating a second dedicated account for the Google device. If this isn't working, simply double check the connected Spotify account in the Google Home app and make sure it's the correct one.

Note that some Android users have had issues changing it as the Google Home app doesn't always give you the option of logging in a different account after disconnecting the existing one. If you're experiencing this, please navigate to the Google Home app system settings (usually located under Settings - Apps - Google Home) and clear all data in order to force a new log in the next time you open it.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts