Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why cannot we play music separatly in the family?

why cannot we play music separatly in the family?

if we try to play at same time the next family member take over spotify
9 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome aboard! In order for you to be able to listen independently from one another, you must all use your own Spotify accounts. If that doesn't work, it means you're signed into the same account. Each of you has to log out and log back in, making sure to use your own account with your own email address and password and everything should work.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! I have the same problem. I'm using Spotify App with my Facebook User Login, and sometimes "somebody" change my music and it is awfull!

I Need help, I have closed all my open sessions in all my devices but the problem persists.

Thanks!

Hey @pargaleandro,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Could you please let us know if you're experiencing this while streaming directly from your device or when you play through an external speaker? In case you're using a speaker - share the model and how you're connecting your devices to it, for example Connect, Bluetooth, etc.?

We'd also want to know your device's make, model, OS version and Spotify version that you're currently running. Sending us some screenshots of how the issue looks like would come in handy. 

Once we get a bit more info, we'll be happy to investigate further 🔍

LyubkaModerator

It happens when I'm playing music in my Android phone. I have the last version of the app and i'm not using an external speaker. When I listen music, another phone (Galaxy A3) appear in the bottom of the app and control my music. It`s weird.

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

It seems someone else is logged in on your account and that's why you see the other device controlling the playback. If you go through the steps on this page, the other person shouldn't have access to your account anymore. 

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian, I logged out from all my devices and logged in again with just my facebook account, but the problem persists... I don't know how to solve it.

Hey @pargaleandro,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Could you please let us know if you've logged out everywhere following the steps in this article? 

It's also a good idea to remove any 3rd party apps with access to your Spotify with the steps here in order to secure your account.

Keep us posted,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

Hello! I tried all the steps but the problem still persists. I attach a screenshot

2023-01-24_14-40-05.jpg

Hey @pargaleandro,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. 

In this case we'd suggest that you reset your password. This way you can make sure that the person who has your password cannot log in and control your music anymore. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts