Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding US School to Student Discount

Adding US School to Student Discount

So I attend the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics (NCSSM), a two-year public residential high school located in Durham, NC. I'm also a junior senator of our school's Student Government, so I serve to represent the student body. In particular, one desire by many students for quite a while has been the lack of a student discount for NCSSM students. NCSSM brings some of the most academically talented and diverse group of students from across the state each year, and many of the classes offered by the school can be compared to those of higher education institutions/colleges. I'm just curious what is the process of adding NCSSM to the list for student discount. I've seen the request form by SheerID, but it is only for international requests. I've also contacted both Spotify and SheerID directly. Spotify customer support directed me to SheerID, but SheerID says it's up to Spotify's discretion. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of situation or know how the process of adding a US institution?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Hey @forrestl30,

Thanks for reaching out.

Does the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics grant US Title IV degrees? If not, it's very unlikely that it will ever be added to the list.

You can check which colleges/universities are currently supported at https://spotify.sheerid.com/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not directly, however NCSSM does have articulation agreements and affiliations with all 16 University of North Carolina campuses. Many of the classes offered at our school are comparable (credit wise) to introductory and higher college classes at UNC system schools.

Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done, and even if the school meets the requirements, it may or may not be added to the list. Hopefully, it will one day.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’m also having this issue. When I reached out to spotify on twitter that they didn’t have a form for US schools they just said “Oops, sorry about that.” I go to Northeast Lakeview College in San Antonio which is part of the Alamo College district and is a Title IV school. All of the other colleges in the district are on the list of schools that can have the student account. My college is the newest and was just accredited last year so I assume that is why, but I would like to request that this school be added to the list as it meets the requirements and all other schools in the district are.

Hmm, it looks like Spotify just does not budge when it comes to accomodating schools that should or could be in the student discount. I really wish Spotify had an email that could reach the management team.

Suggested posts