Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I apply the student plan when I'm in an ONLINE master's program?

Solved!

Can I apply the student plan when I'm in an ONLINE master's program?

Hi!

I'm in Japan but am a student of OMSCS (Online Master of Science in Computer Science), Georgia Institute of Technology.
Since OMSCS is an authorized master's program, I'd like to apply to the student plan.

However, SheerID didn't let me select the United States in the country pull down because (maybe) the country of my profile was Japan.
Someone said that the solution was that I changed the country of my profile to the United States, but I couldn't.(The only country I can choose was Japan)

Do you know how to deal with it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @haltaro ,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

You can still get the discount even if you study abroad, however, you must physically be in that country to be able to change your account's country setting to the country you study in (the United States, in your case). You must also have a payment method that has been issued there.

If you're not in the country you're studying in and don't have a payment method (e.g. Credit Card) that has been issued there, you, unfortunately, won't be able to get the discount.

I hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @haltaro ,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

You can still get the discount even if you study abroad, however, you must physically be in that country to be able to change your account's country setting to the country you study in (the United States, in your case). You must also have a payment method that has been issued there.

If you're not in the country you're studying in and don't have a payment method (e.g. Credit Card) that has been issued there, you, unfortunately, won't be able to get the discount.

I hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks @Maxim !

I understand. Thank you for your quick reply and I'm sorry I can't get the discount.

Suggested posts