Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t play my playlists and I can’t even listen to it on my phone/tablet

Solved!

Can’t play my playlists and I can’t even listen to it on my phone/tablet

I played my playlists all day and every night I check it and it works every time but now my playlists don’t work anymore. It keeps saying that it is unavailable and now I can’t get it back to the way it was before. I haven’t had this issue before. I tried everything by the books and I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ what to do. The songs aren’t showing up at all. I can’t get it back now and I tried reinstalling the app and logging in and out and it didn’t work. I tried to get the songs back and I can’t get it back now no matter what I did.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @31wftpdekqf5pl3jmf3b,

Thank you for contacting us here in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your playlist. We're here to help!

Can you let us know if this occurs on one specific playlist or multiple playlists?

We can see that you mentioned that you've reinstalled the app. However we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the app as this is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Another useful step to try is to use a different internet connection to see if the issue persists.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you send us the URI of the playlist so that we can have a closer look directly from our end?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @31wftpdekqf5pl3jmf3b,

Thanks for your reply.

At this point, for us to be able to understand the situation you're facing and to be able to give you an adequate advice, we'd need you to send us a short video of what exactly happens on your end. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @31wftpdekqf5pl3jmf3b,

Thank you for contacting us here in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your playlist. We're here to help!

Can you let us know if this occurs on one specific playlist or multiple playlists?

We can see that you mentioned that you've reinstalled the app. However we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the app as this is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Another useful step to try is to use a different internet connection to see if the issue persists.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you send us the URI of the playlist so that we can have a closer look directly from our end?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It happens on all of my playlists that I have made only 3 of the playlists that I have been making works but all of my 42 playlists don’t work at all and I can’t even do a clean reinstall at all. It won’t allow me to do it at all.  It happens on the multiple playlists that I have already and I am trying to update on my phone and my iPad and it isn’t working on both of my devices 

Hi @31wftpdekqf5pl3jmf3b,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you send us the exact make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on the affected devices? Also, let us know if this issue persists when logging in with the web player

Lastly, tell us if the issue started after a recent update and let us know why it's not possible to perform a clean reinstall on your end (you can include a short video to check it further)

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

No i haven’t had any problems with my Spotify after updating. The exact iOS
version is iOS 15.4.1 and the Spotify version is 8.7.22. And I can’t do the
reinstall because it won’t allow me. I tried it and it won’t allow me to do
it at all. I thought 💭 maybe I can try to sync the files but it isn’t
working at all. It just simply doesn’t work at all.

Hey @31wftpdekqf5pl3jmf3b,

We appreciate your reply. 

Just to confirm, when did you perform the last update? 

Changing tunes, could you send us a short video showing the issue you're having when trying to reinstall the app?

Lastly, tell us if this happening solely with playlists whose songs are local files and let us know if no issues have appeared after updating. 

We'll be here standing by.

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I updated my Spotify on my iPad and my phone about 2 days ago and here’s a
photo on what is going on

Hey Again @31wftpdekqf5pl3jmf3b,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we couldn't see a screenshot or a video attached to your latest response. Could we ask you again to provide the requested info for us (see the post by @AndresM earlier), so we can take a closer look and advise you better.  Also please inform us if this happening solely with playlists whose songs are local files.

We understand also that you've had some difficulties making a clean reinstall. It might be worthwhile to repeat that process, and you can follow this detailed guide step by step here. If you're getting an error message of some sort, that prevents you from completing the process, please include screenshot of them as well.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

I tried doing it with all of my playlists and I have tried to reinstall the
app and it doesn’t work at all.
Marked as solution

Hey there @31wftpdekqf5pl3jmf3b,

Thanks for your reply.

At this point, for us to be able to understand the situation you're facing and to be able to give you an adequate advice, we'd need you to send us a short video of what exactly happens on your end. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts