Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Hello, I had a Spotify premium student for a year and then it expired and I couldn’t renew it at that time. So it switched to the regular premium. Now I want to have the student premium again, I tried to change my subscription, they told that I have actually benefited from the student statut. So I don’t know anymore if I’m still eligible to this statut. Thank you for your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Ivan

Hey there @Amani2

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

In case you're still experiencing this, try again in a private/incognito window to avoid issues with your browser's cache. It's a good idea to try in a different kind of browser too.

If this persists, send us a screenshot displaying the error message you get. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

Tip: Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

chocoholicpanda
Visitor

Hello,

I had gotten my student status verified a couple of months ago, but since I was in a different country, I was told I could not use my student discount. Now that I'm back in my country, I want to use my student discount but I am receiving an error saying that I've already used up my offer (which I didn't).

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 5.30.49 PM.png

Xenia

Hello @chocoholicpanda,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

If you have already verified your student status, you should have an email from SheerID with the confirmation and a link to activate your discount. When you try to reapply for the discount again, you'll see the message that this offer has already been used.

Check your inbox for a confirmation from SheerID to activate your discount. If you haven't heard from them yet, you can also get in touch with the team from SheerID, so that they can check your status again.

If, however, you've activated the discount on the wrong account, I'd suggest you take a look at this Spotify Answer and go through the steps.

For full info on Premium Student check out this support page.

Hope this helps! Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

devinamorris
Visitor

Hi ! I recently committed to a University that is now my Spotify email and when I try to use it for the student discount I am unable to because it says they could not verify my student status. If there is anything I can do to fix this please let me know. 

-Devina Morris

Solution!

Ivan

Hey there @Amani2

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

In case you're still experiencing this, try again in a private/incognito window to avoid issues with your browser's cache. It's a good idea to try in a different kind of browser too.

If this persists, send us a screenshot displaying the error message you get. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

Tip: Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

IvanModerator

View solution in original post

ae-g
Visitor

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have tried in inkognito, and i two different browsers; only to receive this message:

Skärmbild 2020-10-11 190201.png

What do you suggest as a solution? I have tried to renew the student subscription for four months now.

Regards

Ivan

Hey there @ae-g

Help’s here!

In case you receive an error message stating “You’ve already used this offer.” you need to get in touch with our verification partner SheerID directly.

They'll send you an email including a valid activation link allowing you to apply the student discount to your Spotify account. You can contact SheerID here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

IvanModerator
SUGGESTED POSTS