Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you add support for more methods of paying for the 12 monthly Spotify Premium for Students plan?

Solved!

Can you add support for more methods of paying for the 12 monthly Spotify Premium for Students plan?

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

I am a student and do not own a credit card. I only have a debit card but every time I try to subscribe to the 12 monthly Spotify Premium for Students plan, I get a message that I can not subscribe to the plan using my debit card. I was hoping that you could add support for payment methods like Paypal so that I could subscribe to the 12 monthly plan.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @twomatsideolog,

Thanks for the reply.

The Option to pay on a recurring bases is available only if you pay with Credit/Debit card. This means that you'll be charged 59 INR per month for the duration of the discount (12 months). It's not an one-off payment.

You can choose the other options to pay for each month separately, much like using a gift card with prepaid Premium time.

Currently there is no other way to pay for Premium for Students in your region.

If you think other users might also like to have more payment options, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this clears things up. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there @twomatsideolog

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

We recommend checking this article and make sure the card you want to use meets all the requirements you'll find there. It's a good idea to check them out directly with your bank/card provider.

If they confirm it does and everything is ok, we recommend waiting 24 hours before trying to update your payment details again. It's worth doing it from an incognito/private window in the browser and a different device.

On another note, we're afraid currently PayPal is not an available payment method in your market, but no worries, you can also pay through UPI. 

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It seems that the problem is with my debit card not supporting recurring payments. But, it is also strange to hear you say that PayPal is not available as a payment option in India when I have paid through it for services on other websites. Also, UPI is only available as a payment option on the monthly plan and not the yearly one. I guess I don't have much choice but to shell an extra seven rupees every month for the monthly subscription compared to the yearly one.

Hey @twomatsideolog,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

What we meant is that PayPal isn't available as a payment method specifically for Spotify in your market.

You should have the option to pay for 12 months of Premium through UPI or Paytm. Could you send us a screenshot where we can see the available payment methods that you're seeing on your end? Just make sure to cover any sensitive/private info, such as your payment details.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I am afraid that isn't the case. The only payment method available to me is the credit or debit card method. I have added a screenshot of the available payment methods.Screenshot_2021-03-09 Listening is everything.png

Hi again @twomatsideolog,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the screenshot.

Could you click on Change on the top right corner of that screen and send us a new screenshot where we can see the options you're offered there?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

twomatideologue_0-1615278296804.png

Hi there @twomatsideolog,

Thanks for the screenshot.

When you click on either of the options, do you get the possibility to pay with another payment method, or is it only Card again?

Keep us posted.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Like I already said, only the monthly plan gives me the UPI and Paytm payment options while the yearly plan only has the credit/debit card payment option.

twomatideologue_0-1615284150655.pngtwomatideologue_1-1615284171326.png

Marked as solution

Hey there @twomatsideolog,

Thanks for the reply.

The Option to pay on a recurring bases is available only if you pay with Credit/Debit card. This means that you'll be charged 59 INR per month for the duration of the discount (12 months). It's not an one-off payment.

You can choose the other options to pay for each month separately, much like using a gift card with prepaid Premium time.

Currently there is no other way to pay for Premium for Students in your region.

If you think other users might also like to have more payment options, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this clears things up. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts