Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community] How to deactivate Hulu

[Community] How to deactivate Hulu

I have been going insane for hours it seems, trying to figure out how to deactivate Hulu on my Premium Spotify Student account so that I am able to reactivate Hulu and not be charged for it. Both Spotify and Hulu support basically point at each other to solve this issue without any actual fixes.. So I essentially continue to pay for Hulu when I should not be while both accounts have the same email address. What's the solution here?

8 Replies

really frustrating to see I'm not the only one.  Spent hours trying to figure out how to remove Hulu so I can upgrade.  Seems I literally have to cancel Spotify so that I can have Hulu.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

We'll need more information regarding this so we can look into this further. 

You want to connect already an existing Hulu account to your Spotify account or cancel the Hulu subscription?

In case you want to link your Hulu and Spotify accounts you can head here.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes! I am getting super frustrated going back and forth with this! I want to upgrade my Hulu package and I can't do anything in my Hulu account because it's linked to Spotify, and so it says I need to manage through Spotify and go to Your Services > Account Overview > Deactivate Hulu ONLY that option DOESN'T EXIST! I'm pulling my hair out here!! 

Having the same exact issue. What did you do to resolve?

Hey @nikb123,

Thanks for your reply and welcome.

In this case, if you want to cancel just your bundle with Hulu, but not your Spotify subscription, you can do so from your Spotify account page. You'll have to select Your Services under Account Overview, then click Deactivate Hulu. This only removes your access to Hulu — your Spotify account should not be impacted. You can read more about it in this article.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can also cancel your Spotify subscription, so on your next billing date you'll lose access to Hulu, and your Spotify will be on our free service. You can do it by following the steps in this article. Then you can resubscribe to a Spotify plan, but without the bundle.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator

"You'll have to select Your Services under Account Overview, then click
Deactivate Hulu. This only removes your access to Hulu — your Spotify
account should not be impacted. You can read more about it in this
article."

The above is not possible. If I go to "your services" there's no option to
deactivate hulu.

Hi there @nikb123,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what Premium plan you're currently on and the country of your Spotify account? One reason you might not be seeing the option to deactivate a service is if it comes as a bundle with your subscription.

Such is the case for US Premium Student, which comes in bundle with Hulu and Showtime.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having the same problem as nikb123,

My student bundle connected to a Hulu account that's not mine. I've been trying to change it for an hour now but there is no button. I have to cancel my subscription and wait an entire MONTH then maybe connect it to my account. Please add a button to deactivate or switch the account in a student bundle. This is very frustrating.

Suggested posts