Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect Showtime from Spotify

Disconnect Showtime from Spotify

The long story short is that I would like to be able to close my Spotify-linked Showtime account, but Showtime support sent me to Spotify, because apparently they're unable to delete an account that was created through Spotify.

My question is, how can I disconnect Showtime from Spotify without cancelling my Student subscription? Surely there's a button somewhere deep in the bowels of the settings pages that I can click on to this.

For those interested in why I want to do this, the short answer is that I do not think that Showtime added value to my Spotify subscription because I'm not that interested in Showtime's series, and I would like to close my account with Showtime because I don't want a service that I do not use to hold my user data. I should have investigated Showtime's offerings before linking the two in the first place.

1 Reply

Hey @RhubarbBread,

Thanks for reaching out.

To do this, you'll need to cancel your subscription and then wait until you are back on the Free plan. You will keep the student discount, so as soon as you're back on Free, you may re-subscribe to receive Premium at a discounted rate.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts