Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Get students discount - Something went wrong

Get students discount - Something went wrong

Hi everyone, I received SheerID verification mail and when I try to click "Get Student Discount" and connect to Spotify, where I confirm that account is correct, I get "Something went wrong" error. Despite refreshing the page, error still persists. Unfortunately no other, more tangible information is given.

6 Replies

Hey @ANTSI, this error usually means either the link you received expired or there's some sort of mismatch in your information.

To be eligible for the student discount, you must:

1. Attend a university in the country that your Spotify account is registered in.
  2. Your payment method must be issued from the same country as your university and your account are based in.
  3. The information you provided when signing up to SheerID, including telephone number, must yet again match the country of your university/account/payment method.

Can you confirm that all of the above requirements have been met?

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I agree, I was already in contact today with Spotify support and it's weird. Suggested step is to contact SheerID and go from there. 

P.S. 

All the suggested steps were ok.

Hey @ANTSI,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

As the support team has suggested, it's best to reach out to our partner SheerID. They'll be able to have a look at what is happening with your student verification and give you more info on what to do next.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi @ANTIS

I also encountered the same problem today, here is for you and other people who have encountered the same problem, I hope it can help you.

1. First change the email in the personal file to the email provided by the middle school in the incognito mode
2. Log out all spotify accounts
3. In the email click "Get Student Discount" and connect to Spotify
4. Use the email provided by the school also when verifying email from SheerID

Hi, how to reach out to SheerID? Thanks.

Hi @jjongnism,

Try the steps here. If they don't help, the page should redirect you to SheerID's support team.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts