Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't reverify my student account!

I can't reverify my student account!

On Dec. 28, I received the email attached from Spotify regarding my Student Account. I clicked on Reverify Account, it took me to the plans page 
(https://www.spotify.com/us/student/?splot=rmAyDBlsSJm-0YH395i-Xw) and when I clicked get started, it took me to my account information, but there isn't any button to reverify the account, just to change plans.

So I tried to reverify my account through this link provided by Spotify here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/student-verification-not-working/?ref=related

This led me to this SheerID page: https://spotify-international.sheerid.com/

I tried to fill the form, but my student account is from the United States which does not appear listed in the form.

What should I do?

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 2.50.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 3.04.32 AM.png
5 Replies

Hi @Lady_Stardust

Thanks for getting in touch about this in the Community! 

We suggest that you try to reapply for another 12 months clicking on the green "Reverify now" button in the email you received from SheerID. Make sure to do it from an incognito window on a computer. Additionally, we recommend using a different internet connection. 

Keep in mind if you've already had a student discount for 4 years, you won't be able to renew your subscription. In this case, you account will switch to Premium individual and you'll be charged at full price.

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Having a similar issue. I've only renewed this plan once before but Spotify can't confirm that I'm a student. I've tried all the suggestions, please help!

Hey there @biancaperez194

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

If you haven't tried from an incognito window and a different device yet, we suggest that you give that a try to see if it makes the difference. It's also worth trying with a different internet connection.  

If the issue persists after following the suggested steps, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error message you're getting so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hola tengo un problema, mi universidad en la que estudio no está en el listado de opciones para verificar que soy estudiante. Como puedo hacer?

Hey there @Astrid2107,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the Community.

If your University is not listed, then it's possible that it's currently not being supported by our partners from SheerID. Before jumping to this conclusion though, it might be worthwhile to try and reload the verification form, but using an incognito window of your browser, as this usually helps to resolve any cache-related issues. You can also try the process again using this verification link.

If nothing above helps, we believe it's best to get in touch with SheerID directly, as they are the ones who manage verifications and so the best place for help in such cases would be on their special support page for students.

Hope you find this useful. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts