Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Im In secondary school but have a job, why cant i get a discount on premium?

Im In secondary school but have a job, why cant i get a discount on premium?

Plan

Free

My Question or Issue

So im in secondary school and am working part time, i noticed there is a discount for college students, but none for secondary school students, most students have  a student card or some form of identification to show that they are, in fact, in school, so thats not the issue. Is the problem that spotify thinks were just using our parents money? I speak for a lot of people when I say many of us have our own jobs and are more than willing to pay the same price as college students. If the discount was available to me i would have bought spotify premium by now. Its frustrating that despite the fact that i am still in school, AND paying for it myself, im not entitled to a discount.

1 Reply

Hey @JackM4, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern about this and I’ll be happy to shed some light on this situation. 

Right now, you’re only eligible for this plan if  you‘re a student enrolled at a US Title IV accredited college or university, and you’re above the age of 18 in your area. There is some more information about this in the Terms of Conditions of the student plan here.

If you would like to see a plan that also includes a discount for secondary schools, you can always create a new Idea about this here, and I’ll also make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks. For your reference, there is some more info on the Premium Student plan here.

Hope this clears things up!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts