Premium (without using discount)

Country

Indonesia

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus

Operating System

Android Nougat

My Question or Issue

Hi. Recently I have just been verified as a student by SheerID. However due to some unknown mistake my account is registered as an account made in Singapore, and this causes the payment method to be defaulted with SGD, not only on Spotify's side but on SheerID's side as well. I have tried to change my account's region and payment method to Indonesia, but it still doesn't change the default setting on my Spotify account, and this causes the payment through SheerID to be locked in SGD. Due to this I am unable to use my student's discount at all, as none of the payment methods offered are currently usable by me. Any way to fix this? Thanks in advance

Notes :

As seen in the attachments, Spotify has already recognized I'm Indonesia and has set promotions based on Indonesia, but my account is still defaulted as in SG despite when trying to update the information in my account information, it has already been greyed out and is in Indonesia. SheerID also detects me from being in Indonesia but still sets it in SGD currency.

chrome_2018-10-14_16-10-34.png
chrome_2018-10-14_16-11-04.png
3 Replies

Hey there @Yuuj,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Keep in mind that in order to take advantage of the student discount on your account the payment country, account country and uni country will all need to match.

If your university is not in Singapore, we'd recommend reaching out to the good folks at SheerID so they can take a closer look for you.

Further, this would mean that you'd also need an Indonesian payment method to avail of the discounted rate in your country.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thank you for your reply. First I'd like to clarify on a number of things

1. Upon verification by SheerID, I verified myself through and as an Indonesian university student andSheerID  has verified its legitimacy.

2. Upon starting the verification and registration of spotify ID, I was already living in Indonesia.

However Spotify somewhat detects my ID to be a singaporean one and defaults all of its payment method to SGD. As said before, changing spotify's payment method and completing it in Indonesian is possible, but it's defaulted in SGD for the student discount payment as it (seems to be) done through SheerID and there seems to be no way to change the method. Any help in fixing this? Thanks.

Hey @Yuuj,

Since your student discount is registered in an account with the wrong country settings, you won't be able to continue with the discounted rate if you change country settings. 

This is why it's better to get in touch with our support team. They'll be able to help you out with that.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Suggested posts