Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missed payment for Student Premium; how to renew without waiting?

Solved!

Missed payment for Student Premium; how to renew without waiting?

So I'm using a prepaid card to pay for Premium. Minutes ago I got an email saying it's paused because there weren't enough funds. So I topped up the card, went to buy Premium again, but by default it only offered me the regular package instead of Student. I tried switching to Student, but it's just asking me to verify again despite already having done so months ago. Naturally I got rejected, saying "You have already redeemed this offer." I've read on some posts that I just have to wait, but... come on, I got the money and I'm ready to pay now. Why the uncertain, arbitrary wait? Would be better if they at least tell us when the next payment attempt is going to be. For all I know, it could be next week when I want to get back to listening right away.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jaen2, thanks for keeping me in loop here!

It sounds like you need to reverify your student status. Could you head to the account page on spotify.com/account and choose for: 'Available plans' and click on: 'Premium for Students'. That way, you should be able to reverify your student status.

I recommend using your student email address when you reverify and, if possible, using the campus network connection. Let me know how you get on!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Jaen2, help's here!

Hmm, let's get you back up and running! Could you make sure you're logged into the right account? You might have more than one account.

Could you also check if your account is still verified? You can do that on spotify.com/account.

Hubo_0-1604338978367.png

Lastly, how long have you had the student discount for? 

Keep me posted, have a great day! 🙂

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star

This is my only account, so... yes, I'm sure this is the right one.

And I'm not sure how I can check my verification. It only says this in the "Your Plan" section, afterwards it's just "Signout everywhere," which is odd since I first bought the Student package in 2019.

<snip - Moderator Edit>

1604339675693.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @Jaen2, thanks for keeping me in loop here!

It sounds like you need to reverify your student status. Could you head to the account page on spotify.com/account and choose for: 'Available plans' and click on: 'Premium for Students'. That way, you should be able to reverify your student status.

I recommend using your student email address when you reverify and, if possible, using the campus network connection. Let me know how you get on!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star

Right, so using my student email worked, thankfully (I used my personal one previously). Thanks a lot. I just hope there won't be a double-charge now that I've verified twice.

Also, will this sort of thing happen again if I'm late for another payment? Because that'd be absolutely irritating.

Hey @Jaen2, great to hear that you're back rocking!

I understand. There shouldn't be double charges if you're logged into the right account. It shouldn't happen when you're late for another payment. Student discount needs to be reverified every year, so that might have been the issue. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts