NEXT STEP

Premium Student Hulu Not Working

Premium Student Hulu Not Working

Plan

Student Premium

United States

Operating System

iOS 10

Hulu from my premium for students account is not working. I have tried the tips and tricks in the forums, but they lead me to links that say "Great news! Your Spotify and Hulu accounts are already linked!" But they are not linked and when I signed up for hulu there is no way to bill to Spotify. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! 

7 Replies

Hi there @Sgregs,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Can you let us know exactly what happens when you try to use Hulu? You agree to automatically switch your billing to Spotify during sign up, so maybe you're logging in to a different Hulu account. Try logging out and back in making sure to use the correct login details.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

hi! i’m dealing with a similar problem. sadly, i’ve been having issues signing into spotify community so i’m unable to send screenshots of the problem but i’ll attempt to explain it to the best of my ability.

essentially, on the spotify website where i would set up my hulu and showtime account to get it ready for use, it has the “start watching” button, indicating that i’ve already made a hulu account and added it to my student plan (even though i have not done so). when i click on the button, it takes me to the hulu homepage, asking me to start a free trial but no indication that i’m attempting to link a new hulu account to my student spotify plan. ive explored all over the hulu site and have even tried deactivating and reactivating my spotify premium and nothing seems to work. the weirdest thing about this situation is that showtime works perfectly fine; it’s just hulu acting up.

hope this explains the situation a bit better! 🙂

Hi @mcrich,

Thank you for this detailed post, and welcome to the Community!

Have you tried accessing to this website to link your accounts? If not, please give it a go.

In case this doesn't do the trick, please try again to send us some screenshots. Just attach the file to your next response by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

Hope this helps. 

JulianModerator

i just tried the link and selected “i’m new to hulu” however it’s still saying that i already have an account linked (as shown in the attachment). i went through and tried just entering the email and password to my spotify account but it’s saying that no account exists under that email. i even tried resetting my password and entering my card details to try and find an account but no matter what i do, it says an account doesn’t exist.

8C7A9550-0DCE-41E1-BA26-A39264DB59FF.png

The only way to fix this problem is to chat with someone at Spotify. I think this is how I started a live chat, but it wasn't easy to find. They cancelled and renewed my subscription and then I was able to activate Hulu. It was very easy once I was chatting with a real person.

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

okay! thank you so much!

Hi @mcrich,

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Could you try opening the link I shared in an incognito window? 

If you still get the same message, we suggest you cancel your subscription, wait until your account is reverted to free and sign up to premium from the beginning. 

Alternatively, you can contact our support team with the link that @Sgregs shared. They will be able to take a better look at your account. 

Keep us posted!

JulianModerator

Suggested posts