Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student is stuck when trying to resubscibe back

Premium Student is stuck when trying to resubscibe back

I've been verified student since last fall, when I started the current school.

And then when the school started I turned my normal Premium to Premium Student successfully. Last week, when my credit-card needed to be changed, I decided to put the Premium Student on pause for the time that I need to change the card. And now when I go back and try to resubscribe back it gets stuck in the middle of the process.

I've tried different browsers, with and with incognito-mode, on Windows 10, Windows 11, on iPhone and iPad, on wifi connected to my 4g-router. Also, I tried mobile connection from both iPhone and Ipad. And all the results are the same it gets stuck.

I've been in conctact via Twitter but SpotifyCares hasn't yet found any provided answer so this is still major problem as I would like subscribe back the service.

So, the problem is this.

Whenever I log into my account, I can see that it confirms that my student plan is running until 21.8.2022 and you can see this on picture Clipboard02.jpg.

Then next, I push the button on the screen "Valitse tilaustyyppi" choose subscription and it goes to this address: https://www.spotify.com/fi/premium/

There I can find each and every possible subscription type, if I choose Student-plan and push that button then it goes back to this page https://www.spotify.com/fi/student/verification/ showing yet again the same as the earlier pic Clipboard02.jpg

All the other subscription types go forwards and I get to the payment method page with them but not on student. Can you please look into this and solve why I can't get this work anymore.

I can provide you more pics and info, but I've tried almost anything possible already.

Clipboard02.jpg
13 Replies

Here's screenshot and proof that I have used and paid successfully for the Student Premium since 23.8.2021

<snip - moderator edit>

So this is not only me as there's also other people that have this error:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-Student/Premium-Student-stuck-on-verified-page/m-p/5359444/...

Hi there @Samppa3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We definitely want to take a closer look into this.

Can you let us know if you've tried the troubleshooting steps that's been provided in the thread you linked in your last answer?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, I've tried all the methods so far and also it was SpotifyCares on Twitter, that asked me to do these things and I provided screenshots of each case.
They have now actually send my info to the right people.
I will post here if anything comes up on the matter. Hope to see this fixed soon.

Hi again @Samppa3,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, 

I have exactly the same issue as Samppa3. I haven't got any help yet. Should I see how this goes or ? I have tried to contact Spotify support email a couple days ago but haven't got the answer yet. 

Emmikata, I sent Spotify email about the issue, got 1 reply then nothing. Im not sure if anything has changed, but some years ago, I think Spotify did answer almost immediately or within the next few hours or maximum to 24 hours time.

But contacting them on Twitter proved to be more successful. SpotifyCares told me to test different things, and I provided them answers and described my issue with screenshots. If you have Twitter-account, I think and suggest that you should sent and hit them with Direct Message immediately.

Hey Jeremy,

Do you have any use for my case number here? I got it from SpotifyCares on Twitter.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies.

@Samppa3, In this case, the best thing to do is keeping in touch with our Support team as they're the ones that can look at your account backstage and check if everything is fine with it.

@Emmikata, first up, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps @Samppa3 mentioned previously to check if those make the difference. If you're still having issues afterwards, we'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support through any of these channels, so they can take a closer look at your account and give you a hand with this. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Mine's sorted now. I got email today from Spotify and I have now successfully resubscribed to the service.

So it's finally working normally as should be. Thanks to the Spotify customer-service and SpotifyCares at Twitter.

Hope that everyone else's problems get fixed aswell.

Hey @Samppa3,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that everything worked out fine and the customer support team helped you out.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Take care!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there, I am having this issue as well and it looks like many other people have been experiencing this issue from Spotify's end too. Hopefully and most likely

it's just a massive surge issue

Hey @og_vonvital,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Have you tried some troubleshooting steps first, like using an incognito window of your browser when trying to re-subscribe for your Student plan. Also you might want to check out this thread provided in this topic earlier, where other users have found a solution for a similar situation that occurred for them.

If you experience issues related to the verification process, you can also try to repeat that, but using this verification link. If this later link doesn't help either, then we believe it's best to get in touch with SheerID directly, as they are the ones who manage verifications. The best place to look for help with verification issues would be on their special support page for students.

If you think your verification as student is alright, but there is some sort of account-related issue, then it's best to contact our Support folks, who can help you personally with your profile, as they did for the original poster here.

Hope you find this useful. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts