Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student: stuck on verified page

Solved!

Premium Student: stuck on verified page

Hi all!

So I currently have the Premium Family plan and wanted to switch back to premium student. However whenever I press the "get started" button it just says that I'm verified and gives me the date and then there's no way to advance past this. The only way to get out of the page is to go back or press the x and this just leads me back to the "get started" page. I waited about a week and then tried it again, but no change.

I've tried it on both safari and chrome, there's no difference.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @megahouls

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest you first ask the Premium Family manager to remove you from the plan. The plan’s manager (the person who started the plan) can invite or remove members by logging into their Family page

Once you've left Premium Family, try getting the student discount again in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache.

If that doesn't do the trick, do you mind sending us a screenshot showing the error message you receive? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @JoanaRosado,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If you've verified your student status with SheerID you should've received a confirmation email from them. Look for this in your mailbox. Inside the email there should be an activation link that you need to click to finalize the activation of the discount.

If you can't find the email from SheerID you can write to customerservice@sheerid.com and explain the situation. Their support team should be able to send you a new activation link.

Tip: Keep in mind the activation link you'll receive is valid for 7 days. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted 🙂 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

58 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @megahouls

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest you first ask the Premium Family manager to remove you from the plan. The plan’s manager (the person who started the plan) can invite or remove members by logging into their Family page

Once you've left Premium Family, try getting the student discount again in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache.

If that doesn't do the trick, do you mind sending us a screenshot showing the error message you receive? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Got it! I am the family manager, so I didn't realize I had to remove other members and cancel the current plan (go back to a free account) before being able to advance to a new plan.
Once I canceled the family premium plan it allowed me to switch over to the premium student one.

Thanks so much for the help!

Hey there @megahouls

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you.

Now you can enjoy your music with Spotify. 

Thank you and take care! 

Hi I'm Dawson,
I need help with my Student Plan, I'm currently a college student at Beacon College and i put in my information for do the student plan, and no matter if i use chrome or an incognito tab nothing seems to work i continuously get this message, "Unfortunately, we couldn't confirm that you're a student. Please check your details and try again.
If we still can't confirm your details, you won't be charged.
Any pending charges on your card statement will disappear in a few days.

Hey there @dskravitz112,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you try activating the student discount offer on another device. You can click here and try with your personal or university email.

After you've been verified by SheerID, you should receive an email with a link for activation. Click on the link to activate the offer.

If you still receive an error message, send us a screenshot of it. We'll take a look.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi

I would like to sign up for the student premium. I tried clicking on the link to verify my student email, and received the attached message. I also opened a private window, same message.

Please help

Regards

Momsical

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 6.06.35 PM.png

Same exact problem, and this worked for me. The necessary order was 1) remove family members b) cancel premium c) start new student plan. Thanks!

If I do this, will I lose all my playlists, etc. or will ads be the only change?

I didn't, no. Everything is as it was, just a change in membership

I am having the same problem as OP, but unfortunately for me the suggested solution didnt work.

What can I do now?

Hey @Chris23322,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you canceled the Premium Family plan and still couldn't activate individual Premium with the student discount, right? If you've also tried it with an incognito browser or a different device, as @Petya and @Ivan suggested, then could you send us screenshots of the page you get stuck and the subscription section in your account overview? You can use the Insert Photo option in the post editor, just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info. Once we have these we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Mihail Moderator

Hi 🙂

My plan: Premium Individual 

I'm trying to get student discount but I stuck on verified page "404s and heartbreaks" after "get student discount". I tried Ingognito but it doesn't work :/. 

Thank you for response. 

69B2423B-8D28-4DF5-B7B0-574FF61A57EB.png

5CA21A65-6C0E-4862-AF7C-4DC70192D653.png

Hey @tinkagrepl111

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We'd recommend applying to the discount directly from this page.

If you're still seeing the error page, you can give it a try using a different device or a different network. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi, 

I tried everything but still not working. 😕 

Hi there @tinkagrepl111,

Thanks for the reply.

Make sure the country of your account matches the country of the University you're registered in.

Also can you let us know if you've successfully activated the link from SheerID, which you should have received in your mail?

We'll be on the lookout to your reply.

AlexModerator

Hello!

I am having a similar problem. I've had the Student plan for 2 years now, and last time I was able to renew it successfuly, but this time I recieved an e-mail saying that my payment method wasn't being accepted. I logged in to my account and saw that there was 6,99eur being charged, not the regular 3,49eur. I went ahead and payed, since there could've been an error that I missed in my card, but after checking my account page again, it still says that my plan is Spotify Premium charging 6,99eur per month and not Student as I had before.

I have tried verifying the information again, but after I fill the Sheer ID boxes, it just says  "You have already redeemed this offer." and won't let me log in to the university platform or send a document as proof.

I've also tried on multiple devices and with the anonymous setting on, but it says the same.

What can I do, since I've already paid more than I could've and Spotify won't let me renew my plan?

Thank you!

Marked as solution

Hey there @JoanaRosado,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If you've verified your student status with SheerID you should've received a confirmation email from them. Look for this in your mailbox. Inside the email there should be an activation link that you need to click to finalize the activation of the discount.

If you can't find the email from SheerID you can write to customerservice@sheerid.com and explain the situation. Their support team should be able to send you a new activation link.

Tip: Keep in mind the activation link you'll receive is valid for 7 days. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted 🙂 

AlexModerator

Hello Alex,
Thanks so much for the quick reply, the problem has been solved and it was a very fast fix. I e-mailed the Sheer ID Team and got a new link (which I didn't have to use because spotify recognized it automaticaly). They said that sometimes the system glitches and all we have to do is send them an e-mail.
I appreciate your help, how can I mark your reply with "Accept as solution"?

Hey @JoanaRosado.

Glad to hear that everything worked out fine and you could reactivate the discount 🙂

I've gone ahead and marked this as a solution.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator

Suggested posts