Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student: stuck on verified page

Solved!

Premium Student: stuck on verified page

Hi all!

So I currently have the Premium Family plan and wanted to switch back to premium student. However whenever I press the "get started" button it just says that I'm verified and gives me the date and then there's no way to advance past this. The only way to get out of the page is to go back or press the x and this just leads me back to the "get started" page. I waited about a week and then tried it again, but no change.

I've tried it on both safari and chrome, there's no difference.

Any ideas? Thanks!

58 Replies

Hi @101beryl101,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

Just to confirm, did you get any verification email from SheerID saying that your discount was approved? If so, we suggest that you cancel your current plan and once your account goes back to free, activate the plan (student) through the steps of the email sent to you.

We'll be here in case you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Bonjour,

j’ai récemment fait mon compte premium étudiant et j’ai été débité sur ma carte mais en payant je n’ai pas fait attention et que le pays n’étais pas correct alors je ne peux pas avoir mon compte ça me met que ma carte n’est plus valide mais j’ai pourtant bien été débité. J’aimerai savoir comment faire car j’ai quand même payé mais je ne peux toujours pas avoir de compte…

Hey there @Ivan,

I have almost the same problem, the only difference is that I'm not on the family plan. I had normal premium but then cancelled it a month or so ago. Now, I got verified and got past    get started but stuck on "get premium for student " screen. As i press it, it takes a few seconds and then loads "We all mixed up" screen. I tried refreshing, opening and closing it, tried on my phone and desktop, even in private/incognito mode and it still shows the same outcome. Please help!!

Hi there @Alusola,

Thanks for the post.

You can have a look at this FAQ for helpful tips on what to do when you get error messages trying to finalize your Student Premium.

If you're verified as a student, all you'd need to do is update the payment info on your account, so the system can change your monthly billing amount. 

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Ivan, my account was verified by sheerID, and I've got the student discount. But today (03-01-23) the Spotify's system applied the old price, without discount. Can you help me about this question?

Hi there @31izj23iwv2rg6lcyebj 

Thanks for reaching out. If you've succesfully received your verification email and followed the link in it, your account should be verified. Check your account page and if the next price is still the full one, then it seems you haven't updated your subscription after verifying. To do so, go here and confirm the payment method one more time. If successful, the next price should be the discounted one.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

Hello there, i have been using Spotify student for quite sometime and from last week onwards I'm not able to pay for it , whenever I click for the amount option it just get stuck there, may i know wats the problem in it 

Hey @Maluz1,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As a first step, can you please try to pay again, but this time - using a different device or a different internet connection?

If that doesn't help, would you please send us a few screenshots illustrating the issue, so we can take a closer look? 

We'll be on the lookout for your update. 

LyubkaModerator

Hola, a mí me llegó el correo confirmación de SheerID, pero al momento de hacer clic para activar el después me envía a la página de Spotify y me arroja un error

Hey @Marthin22

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. Hope you don't mind a reply in English as it's the official language of the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you getting the error when you click on "Get student discount" in the email you received from SheerID?

Additionally, could you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

were u able to find a solution

how about i forget to click the activation link? btw now i have a individual premium, and want to change to student. but i forget to click the activation link. and it's been more than 7 days and the link is error 404. so what can i do?:(

hello eni, i have same problem with that:(

my email account to use spotify is: **bleep**

i hope u can help me Eni

Hi there @naya3,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

To begin with, we've deleted the pic you sent for security reasons. Now, it seems the link you have is not quite correct, so try the following.

When you click the link for the activation, you'll see the URL has a long alphanumeric sequence at the end, just after requestID=. Copy that sequence, then copy this link https://www.spotify.com/student/apply/sheerid-program?verificationId=RequestID  and right after that paste what you just copied. It should look something like this: 

https://www.spotify.com/student/apply/sheerid-program?verificationId=RequestIDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Let us know if you get the same error message when using that link.

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

hello, i have the same error if i wat to click that link. this my
screenshot, i send to you

[image: image.png]

Hey @naya3,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

It seems that the image you were trying to send was not attached to your message. You can try it again in your next response by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

Also, would you mind confirming if you have an active subscription currently and which payment method are you using (Credit/Debit card, PayPal, any other)? Keep in mind that not all payment methods can be used to pay for discounted subscriptions or promotions.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

[image: image.png]

Hi @naya3,

Thanks for your reply. However, the picture wasn't attached this time either. Could you try one more time? If you're using a computer, you can also drag the picture to the text box, or you can try to do it from a different device.

On another note, could you send over the info requested by @OscarDC in our previous reply? 

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Plan

Any

Country

USA

Device

Any

Operating System

iOS and Windows

My Question or Issue

I've been trying to buy the premium student plan and it keeps saying "we're all mixed up. refresh or try again later." I waited several hours, I've tried on every different device and web browser I have, and I checked the other premium plans too and they all give the same message.

Suggested posts