Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student, unable to download songs PC

Premium Student, unable to download songs PC

Plan

Premium/Premium Student

Country

South Africa

Device

ASUS TUF FX505

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I have a Premium Student's subscription and it works perfectly fine but when i try to download a playlist of songs to listen to offline on my Desktop it tells me I need a Premium Subscription, but trying to download the same playlist on my Android Phone works fine. Why?

32 Replies

Hey @tw221,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind sharing with us the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed?

On another note, it'd help us a lot if you send us a video recording of the behavior you kindly described. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello,

Thank you for replying. Here are the details that you have asked for:

Device

Acer Aspire 5
Operating System
Windows 11 22H2
Version

Spotify for Windows
1.1.96.785.g464c973a

Here is a recording also of what I described. Other than reinstalling the app, I am able to recreate it just by logging in and out of my account and then restarting Spotify, which is what I did in the video.

I have experienced this issue for a few months now so I am unable to remember if it started after an OS update.

Hey there @nessip

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome!

We'd first suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on your desktop device. This can help get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If you've already tried any other troubleshooting step, let us know so that we can avoid repeating them!

We'll be on the lookout. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @tw221,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

This type of issue is usually related to some damaged cache stored from previous updates. In this case, we'd first recommend cleaning all cache by performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article.

Also, would you mind checking if this happens when using your account on a different device?

Lastly, could you try it using a different network connection to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot.

Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator

Hello and thank you for the reply!

I have tried all your suggestions and the issue still persists for me.

Hey @tw221,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

If none of the above worked, it's possible that your account may have some corrupted devices that can be affecting the total number of offline devices you can have (maximum 5).

Since we don't have access to users' accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer support, so they can check your offline devices and help you further.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

I cannot download premium even though my account says premium. have already log in and log out.

Not able to see the downloaded songs or the option to download

Hey there folks!

Sorry to see this has happened to you.
Could you please doublecheck the status of your subscription from your Account Overview page?
Also make sure you're logged in to the correct account.

In case you are referring to the download option being non-functional and you are on Premium, could you let us know on which platforms this occurs? Does it happen when you're using Wi-Fi or when your mobile data is enabled?
If possible, send us a screenshot so that we can get a better understanding of what's going on 🙂

We'll be on the lookout for your responses.
Many thanks!

@babywombat73 

VasilModerator

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem as well. My Spotify version is 1.1.96.785.g464c973a and I'm under a Spotify Premium Family plan in Malaysia. When I try to download my playlists on the desktop app it says "unlock downloads and other features with Premium". I'm just trying to add some songs Spotify doesn't have into my playlists via the local files, but it seems like everytime I try to do that some problem emerges. Can you please help me with this? My email is **bleep**. Thank you.

Restarting Spotify (without re-install) did the job

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

We appreciate the time you took to report this to us. Some users found that logging out and logging in twice onto your Spotify account did the trick in this case. So, for starters, we suggest you give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If the above doesn't help, we'd like you to try a clean reinstall of the app on the affected devices to see if you notice any difference. You can follow the steps in this article to do it.

If the inconvenience persists after that, we'd like to gather the following info:

• The exact make/model of the affected device along with its OS.
  • The Spotify version you have running.
  • A screenshot of the described behavior.
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

This info will help us to look into this more thoroughly.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Que pudo hacer para poder descargar mi música

Suggested posts