Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for students not updating

Solved!

Premium for students not updating

Plan-Premium

Country-India

Device

iPad pro 2018 series, Redmi note 8 pro, Predator helios 300, HP pavillion 15 series)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have been using spotify for quite some time now and am a premium for students user since 2019.....  Last month i verified for student discount again (i got late by 1 month from due date so got charged extra for 1 month and its fine) and it  was done successfully (until next year) but now its again showing an extra charge due for next month (119 INR instead of 66 INR)

My mode of payment is visa debit card....

Pls help..........

Screenshot (39)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (41)_LI.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Shwetansh,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you cancel the current subscription and wait until your account reverts to our free version, and  then subscribe to the Student subscription.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care! 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

CLicking on change plan gives me the following option to select.....

Screenshot (42).png
Marked as solution

Hi there @Shwetansh,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you cancel the current subscription and wait until your account reverts to our free version, and  then subscribe to the Student subscription.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care! 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hi @Jeremy

thanks for the help

i did cancel the subsciption and it reverted to free one, after this i again subscibed to premium for students plan and it was done successfully until 4th July 2021

Now after that, the payment gonna be same right or its gonna change back again to the 119 one?? also will the payment occur automatically on due date (i paid via VISA debit card)

Hey @Shwetansh,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you've successfully verified your student status and started a subscription with the discount, all payments will be with the reduced price for the next year. This is also the case if you cancel and then reactivate your Premium with student discount subscription. Keep in mind that you can always check the amount and date of next payment on your account page.

Hope this info is useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am facing the same issue, I think Spotify has currently an issue with Indian Payments for autorenewal. 

I can only buy 1 month pre-paid with the student's plan which is annoying to resub every month.

MODS until the auto-renewal is fixed, Can we please get Yearly/6-months one time prepaid plan for students, this would be an effective solution for time being.

Hi there @wanderingbubble,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

You're right - due to some local regulations, recurring payments aren't being taken for users in India. Right now, it's only possible to pay for one month at a time of Premium Student, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts