Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium student, Sheer ID verified (email sent) but Spotify says its not verified

Premium student, Sheer ID verified (email sent) but Spotify says its not verified

Hello 🙂
I am a college student and I want a Premium student upgrade. I was verified as a student by Sheer ID, they sent me an email, that I am ok and I just need to finish the subscription. But when clicked on the button "get student discount" in the email, the Spotify page told me that I am not verified and I need to wait for the Sheer ID (!!) though Sheer ID said that they verified me. 
So Sheer ID says I am good to go and Spotify says that I am not good to go.

What am I supposed to do with that? 

Thank you so much for any advice, it's driving me crazy (I already signed out and into the account....restarted whatever I could).

4 Replies

Hey there @surikata,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We hope you don't mind us moving this thread to the relevant Help Board so it's easier to find for users with a similar issue.

You mentioned in your message that you've received an email from SheerId confirming your eligibility.

In this case, we'd recommend accessing the same email in an incognito or private window in your browser. In the same incognito window, click "Get Student Discount" - you should be redirected to a page to log in to your Spotify account, apply the discount and confirm your payment details.

If you're still having troubles, it'd be a good idea trying the steps above using a different (preferably desktop) device.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi, 

I have the same problem and i won't solve using a private window in my browser.

I've received the confirmation e-mail by SheerID but when I click in "Get Student Discount" i receive this message:

"So Sorry, but we can't confirm that you're a student.

Verify your data and try again"

silvamusic_0-1582902000057.png

Can you help-me ? 

Hi @silvamusic,

That's not cool! Try applying for Premium Student again here.

If you're still having difficulties getting the student discount, we'd recommend talking to the folks at SheerID, or checking out their FAQ.

For full info on Premium Student you can visit our support page here.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be right here, in case you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, I'm dealing with the same problem and still didn't find any solution. I tried all the mentioned troubleshooting ideas, nothing worked.

Suggested posts