Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Renewing Spotify Student Discount

Renewing Spotify Student Discount

I recieved the email telling me I need to renew my student discount earlier today, and every time I click on the link, it doesn't take me to an actual page to reverify my student standing, just my regular account overview page.

After encountering this issue, I found a suggestion to follow like you are trying to make a new plan, but doing so just brought me to the regular plan management options where I could change from the student plan, cancel my plan, or change my payment method (all options that I don't want to do). In my account overview page, it also still says that I will receive an email telling me to renew before 9/11/2018, but, again, that email's renew link does nothing.

Are there any suggestions?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @EPNorman Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I would recommend trying to use incognito mode and see whether it will allow you to access the link that way. Another is to clear all your caches and trying clicking on the link again.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

I am having the same exact issue and the incognito window does not work. I kept getting rerouted to the "Get Started" for Hulu and Showtime and I thought signing up for those would then allow me to find the link to extend but it has not. Now I have those subscriptions added on and I DO NOT want to be charged the full price if I can't figure this out. PLEASE HELP!

Hey @EPNorman
It turns out that you need to be within 7 days of when your student status for your account is about to expire for the "Renew" box to appear in your account settings. For example, mine is set to expire on 9/13/2018 so although I recieved the email a couple days ago, I wasn't actually able to access a verification link until today 9/7/2018.
Hope this helps!

Suggested posts