Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Renewing student status after a month?

Renewing student status after a month?

Twice now I have been billed for the regular premium price instead of the student price. When it happened one or two months ago I received the email about renewing my status as a student. I followed the instructions and did so, even seeing my subscribers plan switch back to student premium on my account page. This month it suddenly charges me full price again and puts me through the renewal of student status again. It says renewal should last 12 months. Is anyone else being forced to renew multiple times and getting charged full price out of the blue without any explanation why?

3 Replies

Hey @Adery181,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community!

Make sure you've not reached the 4 years limit of being able to use a Student discounted plan for your account. You can read more details about the Student subscription and it's features here

In case you're verified successfully as a student and you're sure you should still be getting this subscription, then please contact our Customer Support who can take a deeper look into your account and help you with the situation.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had a similar problem, but was not notified of the need to renew my status as a student, and was charged the full price. I only noticed when reviewing my bank statements. Is there a way that I can be refunded part of my payment, back down to the student price? 

Hi there @nsswensen

Any and all refund requests are handled via our support team, you can reach out to them any time. Be advised that refunds can only be processed within 14 days of the date of purchase. Make sure to have all of your payment information on hand, as our team will need it to find the payments and verify you as the account owner.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts