Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 8, Leonovo)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been signed up for the Spotify Student plan since last year, but when I looked at my plan today, it says that I was signed up for the regular Premium ($9.99)! I've tried to change my plan back to student but whenever I try to verify, it just redirects me back to the spotify student homepage. I'm worried that I will be charged the inocrrect amount since my payment is due soon, and now I can't watch hulu! I'm still a student so I don't understand why this change was made.

3 Replies

Mine has done the same thing, and I cannot get a prompt response from SheerID.  I have been charged the $10, and do not have access to Hulu ot Showtime. 

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I had the student account for 12 months and renewed it at the end of August. I had some issues with timing when I renewed it so I'm not surprised the first month of the renewal was charged at full price, but I was also charged full price at the end of September and end of October (which I only noticed now because I had to update my credit card)

When I went to verify my student status (in case that was the problem), it said "I had already redeemed that offer" but I've only used it for one year and I am still a full-time student. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it.

Hey @kmparedes @Magicksice @JanFullerton Welcome to the Spotify Community!

What i would recommend doing is canceling your current subscription, and reapply for the Student Premium. 

Also if you have had the Student Premium for 4 years, you have already met the limit on how long you can have the discount for. 

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Suggested posts