Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify & Hulu; cannot verify the I'm a student

Spotify & Hulu; cannot verify the I'm a student

I'm trying to upgrade to the Student premium that has Spotify and Hulu, but when I get to the last step where it asks me what college do I tend, I filled everything but it keeps saying that they couldn't confirm that I'm a student. I have tried several times but it's no working. By the way, my account is connected to facebook. Would the be the problem? 

5 Replies

Hey @michelthehuman, welcome to the Community!

Do you have any trouble signing up for the student discount using an incognito window? If so, what country are you trying to sign up from?

We'll see what we can suggest.

I did not use an incognito window. I'm trying to sign up from the US. But my spotify account is linked to my facebook. 

Hey, @michelthehuman

Thanks for letting us know!
In this case, we'd recommend double-checking all the steps at
https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/spotify-and-hulu/

If you're trying to get the Student Discount and your college/university doesn’t appear on the list provided, you can also request for SheerID to get it added. Just fill in this form and SheerID will email you if it’s accepted to the approved list.

Note: This process can take a minimum of 30 days.

Let us know how you get on 🙂
/M

Thanks for replying. Actually, my university is listed but when I clicked on the next step it says that spotify cannot verify that I'm a student. I tried several times but it does not work but it does charged me the 4.99 on bank account for a few days and then it disappears. 

I've had this same issue and have yet to be able to resolve it, were you able to?

Suggested posts