Spotify for Students Information

Solved!

Spotify for Students Information

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

If I sign up for the student Spotify plan, will any of my personal information be displayed publicly on my profile? For example, will my display name be changed to my real name? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Eriatarka 

Your personal info will not be displayed on your Spotify profile in the app. You have full control over what is displayed. You can choose to have no profile picture if you like and you can change how your name is displayed on your profile by following the directions here:

https://support.spotify.com/article/change-my-username/

It is currently only possible to change your display name from the Spotify mobile app. Your display name will only be changed if you have changed it.

If you connect your Spotify account to Facebook, then yes, your Facebook profile pic will become your Spotify profile pic unless you replace it. Also your Facebook name will also be your Spotify display name. But you can change both the Spotify name and profile picture after connecting to Facebook if you would like it to be different.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Eriatarka 

Your personal info will not be displayed on your Spotify profile in the app. You have full control over what is displayed. You can choose to have no profile picture if you like and you can change how your name is displayed on your profile by following the directions here:

https://support.spotify.com/article/change-my-username/

It is currently only possible to change your display name from the Spotify mobile app. Your display name will only be changed if you have changed it.

If you connect your Spotify account to Facebook, then yes, your Facebook profile pic will become your Spotify profile pic unless you replace it. Also your Facebook name will also be your Spotify display name. But you can change both the Spotify name and profile picture after connecting to Facebook if you would like it to be different.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts