Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Students

Spotify for Students

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

I am currently a Premium Family member. I have been verified as a student but I am not getting a link to set up this "Student" account. 

2 Replies

Hi @Gregmo69, thanks for writing!

If you're a member of Premium for Family plan, you currently don't pay anything.

If you wish to change your account status to Premium for Students (and start paying $4.99/month), you have to leave your current plan. Just ask the Administrator to remove you and then you'll be able to start the new one.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @Gregmo69,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that as @Bittencourt mentioned it's not possible to combine Premium for Family with any trials, or offers such as the student discount.

If you'd like to leave the family plan and subscribe to Premium on your own at the discounted rate, you'll need to first follow the steps below: 

1. Log in to your subscription page
  2. Select CHANGE OR CANCEL.
  3. Here you can either choose to switch to another type of paid subscription such as standard Premium or Premium for Students, or return to the free Spotify service.

You can read more in this support site article

On another note, if you'd like more information on Premium for Students, we'd recommend checking this support site article instead.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts