Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says my student data is already bound to another account whenever I try to confirm my verifi

Spotify says my student data is already bound to another account whenever I try to confirm my verifi

Plan

Premium Student

Country

Austria

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

What I said in the title. In August I got a notification that I had to re-confirm my student status. I did and got my verification email a few days later. I clicked on the link to confirm this and the Spotify website said that Premium Students had been renewed for 1 year.

Everything worked as expected, but today I saw that I was billed the full amount (9,99€) instead of the student discount. My Spotify account now also states that I have switched to the "normal" subscription.

I tried to go back to the verification email and click the "confirm" button again, but whenever I do, it says that my data is already bound to another account.

I did not switch accounts, I just clicked on the Links I got directly from SheerID and Spotify. What happened here?

How could my data be bound to another account, when I've been using this one and for over a year without issues?

1 Reply

Hey there @Anna998

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

Keep in mind that Spotify users are allowed to create more than one account for different reasons. In this case we recommend taking a look at this help page to check if you activated the discount on another Spotify account. 

If you can't locate a second account of yours where you have the student discount available, send us a screenshot displaying the error message you get. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. You can attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

Tip: Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts