Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stuck at student verification

Stuck at student verification

Hi, after verifying my student status, I am stuck on the current screen. Is there any way to advance past this? I have tried the solutions that have posted in other topics such as clearing my history, using an incognito browser, and even using my phone.

2018-08-14.png 

11 Replies

Hey @ggwill 

Yes, try using this Spotify Student Page and click on "Get Started". I know the page may look familiar but some people have had the issue where after verification it will loop them back to the verification page. So give it a try and let me know if this solves the issue.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! I appreciate the fast response. Unfortunately, the link still does not solve my problem. I have also tried clearing my history, cache, and cookies again and have also tried this link on mobile. 

I was actually just having this issue today! Did you do the manual verification? For some reason, SheerID couldn't verify that I was a student so I had to manually upload documents to prove that I'm a student. Right after I sent them, I got an email saying that my status was confirmed. I think this was actually just supposed to be a confirmation email that SheerID received my documents but it instead said that I was verified (it would've been crazy if someone checked and verified my documents that quickly).

*EDIT* 

I was looking stuff up about this, and someone said they had similar issues with verifying. They said that they had to wait until their already paid for premium ended before being able to use the discount. I'm not sure if you already have premium that will expire soon, but that may be the issue. My premium ends tomorrow so I'll reply if I'm able to use the discount.

Hey @ggwill

Sorry that the link didn't work out.  @redlava stated some solid facts, sometimes the verification would not be able to verify so as a precaution here is the Manual Verification Page to verify that you are a student. Also if you currently have Spotify Premium, the discount won't take into affect till the next cycle and same goes with the bundle for Spotify and Hulu. So you would have to wait till the current cycle has ended. 

Lastly could you walk me through what steps you have taken to apply for the Student Discount, there could be an underlying issue that could be the contributing in not being able to get pass that page.

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’m also having this issue. I manually verified my status about twenty minutes ago and it won’t let me progress past that page. I have also done all the recommended fixes mentioned by the original poster. I ended my premium a few weeks ago so it definitely isn’t a payment cycle issue. There just seems to be something wrong with that page, some element is not loading correctly.

Once you uploaded your documents, did you also get an email instantly after saying that you were verified? I feel like this is a bug with SheerID since there is no way they could’ve verified the documents that fast. Maybe we still have to wait until someone actually checks our documents within 3 days?

Yeah, it took about a minute for the verification email to come through. That may be a possibility, I guess we’ll just have to wait 😕

Same problem here, stuck on that page. And if you try to upgrade to premium and go to more offers here: https://www.spotify.com/us/purchase/panel/#__more-offers

It just redirects you back to that page.

I have the same problem and its very frustrating, I just made the account recently and have never had a premium subscription, so I doubt having a pre-existing subscription is the issue. If anyone knows how to fix it please tell me.

It just worked for me!

Did you have to do anything or did it suddenly just work?

*EDIT*

Mine suddenly works now too. I think all you have to do is just wait a day or two.

Suggested posts