NEXT STEP

Student Discount Payment Problem

Student Discount Payment Problem

Plan

Free(for now)

Country

Turkey

My Question or Issue

Hey, I tried to upgrade my account to premium with student discount. It was going well, i choose my university, proceeded. But on the page where you upload required files, i stuck. Then i tried to refresh the page but i couldn't proceed. So i couldn't get the premium of course. But when i looked at to my bank account i saw that i made the payment. Then i talked to my bank. They told me the payment is done and the money transfered to the company's account. Will i be able to get my money back, or how is it work? Thanks for the support!

3 Replies

Hey @tnhnbyr,

It’s very likely just a pending charge if you haven’t received a receipt from Spotify via Email 🙂

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply (:
I know the process, they put the money in a pool, then they send it. But the bank told me the they made the transaction. So they don't have the money, the company(spotify) has it. With this information, i wanted to ask what will happen now?

I'd recommend checking out the 'I signed up for to Premium for Students, but it didn't work' section of this support article. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts