Student Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 6, Dell XPS)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've been using Student premium all year long, and I would get charged 4.99 a month. But for the month of Dec (2018) I was charged 9.99. I went to go check my account and it said that student verification was needed once every year. My beef with this is that I did not get any email whatsoever notifying me of re-verifying my student status. I want to be able to cancel the regular premium account to refund the 9.99 and then have Spotify correctly charge me the 4.99. 

2 Replies

That really stinks! I would go onto spotify.com and go to the help section. Once there you should see under account & payment the one about payment help. After that scroll down to refund policy and then you can click the contact us to explain your situation to them and hopefully Spotify will help you out. 

Hey @vinnyfdb.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we're here to help 🙂

That's odd! Did you make sure to check your spam folder in case the email ended up there?

In any case, we suggest you:

1. register for the student discount here if you haven't already, and
  2. get in touch with our Customer Support team here - they might be able to offer you a refund for the last payment in accordance with our refund policy

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here 🙂

Suggested posts